Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 11-24-2008, 12:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red08JK
2", man thats not even worth the labor the put it on.
ha ha ha...aren't we funny...

Well, it's basically the same as the 2.5" lift that others advertise. It will get me close to 3". That's plenty for me to clear the tires i need.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by In5ane
ha ha ha...aren't we funny...

Well, it's basically the same as the 2.5" lift that others advertise. It will get me close to 3". That's plenty for me to clear the tires i need.
WHAT BRAND LIFT ARE YOU GETTING? I LOVE MY RC....BUT AFTER MY BUMPER AND WICH COME IN I'LL BE ADDING A 1" BODY LIFT.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tboginski
WHAT BRAND LIFT ARE YOU GETTING? I LOVE MY RC....BUT AFTER MY BUMPER AND WITCH COME IN I'LL BE ADDING A 1" BODY LIFT.
I've been toying with the same idea of adding a 1" body lift. There are a number of Pros for doing one, but the Con (for manual transmissions) of having to cut my shift boot, etc. really is holding me back at the moment.

What are your thoughts T?
Old 11-24-2008, 03:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by In5ane
Superlift 2" kit with shocks going on order! We need to have a lift kit party....
Let us know when you want to tackle this Dewayne. I've got some extra vacation, and could take off a few hours to help. We need that kit on before you go to Mountainside.

On a different note, you guys considered buying a simple CB for these rides? On my Tellico trip, having one was extremely convenient. In fact, before I met up with the GA guys, I was talking to them over the CB. Helped a bunch because I thought they were ahead of me on the road to the Trailhead, but turned out they were about a mile behind - was able to slow down a tad through the twists and turns on the road to the trail. Plus they're very helpful keeping track of everyone while on the trail, not to mention the good natured banter that livens up the ride.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 11-24-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
I've been toying with the same idea of adding a 1" body lift. There are a number of Pros for doing one, but the Con (for manual transmissions) of having to cut my shift boot, etc. really is holding me back at the moment.

What are your thoughts T?
I have an auto....i just want a little more height withought messing with brake lines or drive shaft or any of that stuff.

i think it looks ok as long as you move the back bumper up.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:05 PM
JK Junkie

I have an auto....i just want a little more height without messing with brake lines or drive shaft or any of that stuff.

i think it looks ok as long as you move the back bumper up.
Yup, I'd be all about a BL if I had an auto - especially now that I allegedly have 35s.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Yup, I'd be all about a BL if I had an auto - especially now that I allegedly have 35s.
you get a body lift and install it...then come over and help me do mine.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:52 PM
JK Freak

it's 7:49 p.m. and i'm still at work and super bored....so i pulled the build sheet on my jeep...this whole time i thought i had a Dana 35 rear axel but it turns out I have a Dana 44 HD awesome!!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:14 PM
JK Junkie

you get a body lift and install it...then come over and help me do mine.
They're fairly simple to install from what I've read - just need to make sure your floor jack can go high enough to lift the body off the frame.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

Default Stock Rubi Rail Takeoffs

Any of you local guys interested in picking up some 2dr Rubi rails?
If so, make me an offer:

Same ones on my Rubi in this pic:

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat