Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-19-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to have this even if it is a Ford
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3024454956.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	96633  
Old 10-19-2010, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is that thing parked in front of the haunted house next to Madison Square Mall? If so, I am looking out the window at it right now! If not, then I am seeing it's twin.

Anthony

Last edited by sixty5vdub; 10-19-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:20 PM
JK Junkie

Enjoying the view.

This innocent looking rock first grinds your skids, then scars your control arms, and finishes by thumping your rear bumper.

Exploring side trails.

Eagles Nest Loop is getting more and more nasty with each visit. Lots of sliding.

Right before the back tires started to lift off the ground - took my foot off the brake fast.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Junkie

Default Upper Loop Trail

Upper Loop Trail where Steve did the plow with his front bumper was a big yawn. Not sure if they've "tamed" it with a bulldozer, or we're all just much more trail savvy now.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alright fellas, looks like some upgrades are in my future. Being a first-time jeep owner I've been sitting back in the shadows taking in the forum. I wanted to get some opinions on my planned setup. I've got a 2008 X 2-door which is my daily driver and I don't plan on getting too hardcore, but still want the capability to run some trails. So far I'm planning on getting the TF 2.5 spring lift with shock adapters and 285/70/17 KM2s to go on the stock rims. I've considered getting 16 inch Soft 8s, but I'm not sold yet. My biggest concern is "hidden upgrades" that I'm missing. Will I need spacers with the stock 17s? Would I if I went to the 16 soft 8s? I'm pretty sure I won't need to regear with the 285s, but what else am I overlooking? Thanks ahead of time for any -constructive- remarks...
Old 10-19-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Defender39
Alright fellas, looks like some upgrades are in my future. Being a first-time jeep owner I've been sitting back in the shadows taking in the forum. I wanted to get some opinions on my planned setup. I've got a 2008 X 2-door which is my daily driver and I don't plan on getting too hardcore, but still want the capability to run some trails. So far I'm planning on getting the TF 2.5 spring lift with shock adapters and 285/70/17 KM2s to go on the stock rims. I've considered getting 16 inch Soft 8s, but I'm not sold yet. My biggest concern is "hidden upgrades" that I'm missing. Will I need spacers with the stock 17s? Would I if I went to the 16 soft 8s? I'm pretty sure I won't need to regear with the 285s, but what else am I overlooking? Thanks ahead of time for any -constructive- remarks...
Im going to give this my best shot...

Lift Kit: Springs, Shock adapters, Swaybar links, and Trackbar bracket or adjustable one, brake line extenders (bracket or new lines)

Tires: The 16" Soft 8 with the correct backspacing would allow you to get a less expensive tire and you would not need a spacer. If you stay with the stock rims you will need at least a 1.5" spacer (spidertrax).

Another note.... I have a compete 2.5 inch lift and I was getting death wobble (some don't) I had the front alignment checked and the caster of the front axle was set too much forward (less caster than normal). I bought some adjustable LCAs from Rusty's and then got it realigned with 5.9 degrees of caster and have had no problems since.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Defender39
x4 on what has already been posted about what you will need. (I just wanted to feel like I contributed something to this.) And let us know when you want to have the install party! I am sure that a few people would help wrench and get you up and running.

Originally Posted by Wilky
Dang....I'm gone for 2+ weeks and had to read through 19 pages of posts to catch up....two or three of those pages were about lunchboxes or some crap
Welcome back! Saw some of the pix on your FB page. Looks like you and Cori had a blast. How's it feel to no longer be a free man??

Originally Posted by randy payne
I like lunchboxes, that's the reason I'm fat : )
I love lamp.

Anthony
Old 10-20-2010, 03:46 PM
JK Junkie

Default Wilbur needs 37s

I believe with my new 6" inch lift, there's too much void in the wheel wells - larger tires may be in Wilbur's future.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:09 PM
JK Junkie

Saw a girl (hair tied back in a pony tail) in a topless Redrock Unlimited driving West on Drake this afternoon. One of us?
Old 10-20-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Junkie

Default Trees

Originally Posted by sushi
What.....more lift

that is a great cropping job.........those trees growing at a 45 degree angle gave it away
How do you know they weren't victims of wind shear?

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat