Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-15-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sushi
where are you going?
Close to where you heard the lion.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Junkie

Have fun ..... I have to work....But, I'm scooter riding on Sunday...so I'll get to enjoy the last of the warm days......
Thanks! Enjoying this gorgeous weather is exactly what I'm trying to do.

Hopefully if I get a number of nice rides accumulated, it won't seem so bad when those GA guys schedule us for another one in the mud, rain, and snow this winter.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Thanks! Enjoying this gorgeous weather is exactly what I'm trying to do.

Hopefully if I get a number of nice rides accumulated, it won't seem so bad when those GA guys schedule us for another one in the mud, rain, and snow this winter.

Hey, we don't make the weather we just deal with it. We just aren't afraid of getting dirty.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:45 PM
JK Junkie

Default Wheeling & Weather

Originally Posted by ckivy
Hey, we don't make the weather we just deal with it. We just aren't afraid of getting dirty.
Weatherwise, we're due for some good fortune on our next big ride. The Tellico ride was in some great weather - wish they were still open.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burbingus
Past three posts really made me lol

By the way Anthony, can you describe the noise your engine was making before it kasploded? I've been hearing a pretty harsh ticking in the engine lately. Changed the oil last night after only about 3K and it was black. I'm getting a little concerned about the awesome bearing.

Micah
I had a little bit of a ticking, but figured it was just an exhaust leak or lifter ticking. Nothing that sounded too major. When it finally "kasploded" (I like that term), it sounded like a diesel. LOUD knocking at idle; even louder with more revs. If you are really concerned, you might want to pick up a oil pan gasket, and go ahead and drop the pan. Make sure there aren't any metal flakes in your oil pan.

I hope you aren't at the beginning stages of an engine failure! Are you under warranty still? May want to have the dealer look at, to diagnose/document any issues before its too late.

Anthony
Old 10-16-2010, 07:33 PM
JK Junkie

Default Rat Rod

Originally Posted by redrockjeepr
My brother is into rat rods, he has a 31 model a and a 43 plymouth. Look up on youtube "Plymoth rat rod" it is the flat yellow one...They are pretty cool
Whitney - just checked out your brother's rat rod and all I can say is, "Wow!!!"

For those that might be interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Otu22GFeI

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 10-17-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Linked to video clip
Old 10-16-2010, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

We did a couple new trails, well new to us. all and all it was a great ride! hopefully Gary will post up his 100 sum odd photos of the trip..

Guy loves his camera!!!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:16 AM
JK Junkie

Default The trail in question:

First up on the first try.

Andrew took the line that Steve got sideways on and crawled right up very deliberately.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:20 AM
JK Junkie

Gary, did you have a good time @ Mountainside ? DId you put any more notches in your belt ?
Fantastic time and more notches, but we found a trail near the end of the day that we wanted to climb bad, but didn't have the time. You would love this climb - we'll be heading back again so be thinking about another day off if possible.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Super Freak

In the rear, you will notice it....some binding and popping at the point it disengages. It takes a little getting used to. You will not want to drive it in any snow or ice conditions.

Personally I'd put the aussie locker in front, and a good limited slip in the rear...........that is if selectable lockers are not an option.

The reason is if the front tires can't get over the obstacle the rear will never get there. You will also be able to choose the line you want if the front tires are locked.

with the limited slip in the rear the jeep will drive normal on the street in 2wd
Thanks Sushi, man, I come back frmo hunting after three days and guess I caused a stir on the locker discussion. Am definitely going with the locker in the front.
BTW, saw a few does and a 300+ hog. One doe had three fawns with her. Was cold in the mornings but hot in the evenings out in the woods.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat