Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-14-2010, 05:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sushi
I had one of those
I had an FJ40 back in the day, but it wasn't as good as Randy's Toyota.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:59 PM
JK Junkie

Probably the last one on the forum to realize there's a new color out called Sahara Tan - I kinda like it, but hope to see more pics of these when modified.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Well the pedals are connected to a solid front axle. That's gotta count for something.

And yea, mine didn't hook up too good either. If I was on loose gravel or wet grass, that wheel would spin for days. I also had the poor kid's Big Wheel. My neighbor had one with streamers and a hand brake. He loved to pull that brake and skid sideways right at me. I didn't like him very much.
Yea, sorry about that. Just so you know, some kids from the other side of the tracks came by one night and stole it. They found it at the playground, down the street. Streamers all torn off, hand brake locked up, tires all flat-spotted. It wasn't a pretty sight. They even took the custom backrest. Danged old thieves. They never did catch them little buggers.

Originally Posted by randy payne
Late model Hemis have 16 sparkplugs, just thought yall would want to know ........
I find this information very interesting .................. Thanks! (And yes, I knew that)

Anthony
Old 10-15-2010, 04:43 AM
JK Junkie

Default Backpacking in Smokies

Test to see if I can embed the picture into a thumb so it opens to 925 pixel width rather than 800 pixel width.

Edit: I'll have to mess with this more later.

This past weekend in the Smoky Mtns.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

oh wow, that's a very cool picture, id never want to leave that rock. ive done some hiking up on the at in nc and virgina and it's certainly heaven on earth. im not much of a camper, i like warm running water too much....

i dont have anything to contribute to the lockers front or rear conversation, but it is good to know even you guys can get pissy about the sizes of your local rocks....

not sure if i should start checking henry's oil level everyday now, that's just damn scary to me, i change it every 5k and switched to synthetic at 3k, im thinking he's right at 33 or 34k now....do i really need to get that friendly with his dipstick?

tramission cooler? really?
drive shaft with 2.5" lift? even if im gentle? im thinking not....

and i wont even mention the "whether 1" really makes a difference" question....but YES it does......

and finally to whoever passed me this morning on rideout in the stock black rubi that gave me a "go to hell" look when i waved, bite me..next time it's the finger for you bud....

ok, im done...had a question about henry jumping gears all the time, but not sure how to ask it...ill be back after this meeting......
Old 10-15-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RCAllen
and finally to whoever passed me this morning on rideout in the stock black rubi that gave me a "go to hell" look when i waved, bite me..next time it's the finger for you bud...
Dont ya hate that, I waved at someone this morning in a TJ they looked at me like who the hell are you, I thought we were all in the Jeep family, I'm guessing because his TJ was stock and only had two doors he was better than me, Hell I even had my doors off freezing my neck off...........45* this morning my boys just now came back out
Old 10-15-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Divescaves
Dont ya hate that, I waved at someone this morning in a TJ they looked at me like who the hell are you, I thought we were all in the Jeep family, I'm guessing because his TJ was stock and only had two doors he was better than me, Hell I even had my doors off freezing my neck off...........45* this morning my boys just now came back out
yea i do hate that actually, i get a lot of ugly looks from guys in tj's around here, im guessing they dont like my 4drs or something...i dont care, i just stick my tongue out at them now (from behind my blacked out windows)....

welcome back, have you worn that spit shine off cooter yet?
Old 10-15-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Well the pedals are connected to a solid front axle. That's gotta count for something.

And yea, mine didn't hook up too good either. If I was on loose gravel or wet grass, that wheel would spin for days. I also had the poor kid's Big Wheel. My neighbor had one with streamers and a hand brake. He loved to pull that brake and skid sideways right at me. I didn't like him very much.
Past three posts really made me lol

By the way Anthony, can you describe the noise your engine was making before it kasploded? I've been hearing a pretty harsh ticking in the engine lately. Changed the oil last night after only about 3K and it was black. I'm getting a little concerned about the awesome bearing.

Micah

Last edited by burbingus; 10-15-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Junkie

Default Jeep Waves

Originally Posted by Divescaves
I was just explaining to a friend a few days ago when we were cruising to lunch in Wilbur how no one seems to wave back when given a friendly wave. I hardly had the words out of my mouth when I saw a TJ headed our way so I alerted my friend and said, "Watch this, I'll demonstrate what I've been talking about."

Well . . . can you believe the jerk in the TJ waves at me before I can even get my hand out past the door. Totally contradicted everything I had just said.

Then to make matters worse, we see another JK a few minutes later so I quickly shoot out my hand, while again alerting my friend. The JK instantly responds with a wave.

Now I'm feeling like a bigger idiot than I really am. Finally passed another Jeep later on who just did "The Stare" - restoring my belief that it's probably time to stop waving.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Junkie

Default Wheeling

The weather's too perfect to not do some more wheeling so I'm hitting the trails again tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat