Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-03-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is Stoney Lonesome at
Old 10-03-2010, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

My JK should be done Tuesday. I would like to try out the new lift.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:24 AM
JK Freak

I'd like to go. It may be crappy, but its somewhere to ride for free
Old 10-04-2010, 04:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
A few more pux of Mountainside.
Go to the below link for all my pix.

Had a great time and continue to learn everytime Im out. Ill be the first to say it, almost rolled it. Ill chalk it up to a bad bounce, wrong line, and driver error. Luckily some boys from TN were there to put the tire of one of their crawlers against it and come down from the top of the climb and hook a winch on me to straighten it back out.
Thanks for sharing the pix. Sounds like you had a really close call. Glad that the outcome wasn't worse!!

Anthony
Old 10-04-2010, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Lost one of my rear floormats this weekend with the doors off, lol. Anyone else had that happen?

First step towards eventual bedlining I suppose...
Old 10-04-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by burbingus
Lost one of my rear floormats this weekend with the doors off, lol. Anyone else had that happen?

First step towards eventual bedlining I suppose...
lol, not a floormat.
Checkout the Raptor liner folks are talking about if you dont go with Linex. You can google it as well.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Great video series by WOL if you havent seen them. It is a trail called Rubicon.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...E-VIDEO-SERIES
Old 10-04-2010, 05:33 PM
JK Junkie

Default Thrill Hill Fun

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Ill be the first to say it, almost rolled it. Ill chalk it up to a bad bounce, wrong line, and driver error. Luckily some boys from TN were there to put the tire of one of their crawlers against it and come down from the top of the climb and hook a winch on me to straighten it back out.
Well you weren't the only one having difficulties on Thrill Hill. I had to winch up the stupid thing 5 times.

Thanks to all the guys who drug my winch line up each time, and got me safely hooked up!!!

And a big thanks to Frankie who, when he heard that I didn't make it up that hill one time without my winch, dragged me back over to it and "coaxed" me into giving it one more try. With his encouragement and spotting skills, Wilbur went right up the toughest part easy as could be.

Below I'm attempting the line on the left. No go as I slid off the line slightly because, as we figured out later, the idiot with his hand stuck out the window like a bronco rider forgot to push his little button to disconnect his sway bar links.

Here we have me trying the line on the right side, and as you can see, another FAIL, and no discoed links.

After 5 failures, I yielded the hill to the Unlimiteds who started driving up in a caravan without any problem. Good job guys.

On my sixth attempt, I finally made it rather easily. Frankie had already driven his 2DR Rubi up before me to demonstrate how it should be done. So with our two JK 2DRs already up, Henry decided to give it a try in his TJ. He barely started spinning his wheels a little down at the bottom, when we all heard a loud popping sound. Turns out something inside his T-case gave up the ghost, and he was forced to drive back to Huntsville in 4HI with only the front wheels pulling. Lost track of him when I stopped to grab some food, but he seemed like he was doing okay running 40MPH on the drive back into Gadsden.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

Default Trail Damage

By the way, Henry wasn't the only one to suffer a breakdown. The below YJ joined us as this was their first time wheeling at Mountainside, and we "appeared" to them to know what we were doing.

After we heard a very loud popping noise.

The verdict - busted drive shaft. As we were headed back into Gadsden, we saw them on the side of the road. He tried to drive back in 4HI like Henry, but he lost all his fluid and had to pull over. They were waiting on friends with a "spare" car to come pick them up.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 10-05-2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: non sponsor contact info
Old 10-04-2010, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you seen the rig frankie built that was on the top truck challenge. Looks bad A

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat