Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 11-21-2008, 02:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red08JK
16s? Weren't your stock tires 17?
Yup, stockers are 17". After researching, I found that generally buying a tire for a 16" wheel was cheaper than buying the same tire for a 17" wheel (except for the Rubi tires, which you can get for $95 apiece - mainly because Chrysler buys so many, they've driven the cost down). Given the lower cost of Rubi BFGs, it was hard for me to go with a different setup, but I did want the 1.2" extra clearance that came with my DC Mud Country tires (works out to about an additional $11 for each tenth of an inch gained - ouch!).

I wouldn't have swapped the 32.1 " Rubi stock Mud Terrains merely to go to 32.8" (what most manufacturers call 33s) tires. Understandable for those whose JKs came with street tires, but hard to see, at least for me, when you already have a great mud tire to start with.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:45 PM
JK Junkie

Default Post Thanksgiving Ride

Originally Posted by Red08JK
I'm up for anything man.
Checked Morris Mtn and Gray Rock for that Saturday - both closed. However, Woolys is open that Friday, Saturday and Sunday (28th - 30th). I wouldn't mind picking up a sale item or two Friday morning, and then doing something. Or, just driving up Sat AM.

Looks like about 35-40 minutes from the AL/TN state line at I-65, so maybe about an hour and twenty minutes for me (I suspect 10-15 minutes less for you Madison folks). Cost is $10 per person. We could drive up and wheel for 5-6 hours, then come on back. Maybe stop at that restaurant (along I-65) that sells the fried corn on the cob for dinner.

Thoughts?
Old 11-21-2008, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
How do you guys like my new tires and wheels?

I don't know about this. Your jeep looks a little squatty, like it doesn't have a lift. AND look at those wheels, you only have three lug nuts. AND what's up with that white material behind the wheels. AND why is your factory spare back there, didn't you get a set of five? AND didn't you take your rails off so you could put on your Shrockworks rock sliders?

I'm afraid I HAVE TO CALL SHENANIGANS on this pic.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bulldawg
dude.. Just got back into town from memphis for a work trip... Lift looks good. Is it me or did your rubber shrink? I think jeeps are like being anorexic.... No mod is never enough. Those tires looked like swampers in that first picture and now they look normal. Looks sweet.
damn i need 35's now.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I don't know about this. Your jeep looks a little squatty, like it doesn't have a lift. AND look at those wheels, you only have three lug nuts. AND what's up with that white material behind the wheels. AND why is your factory spare back there, didn't you get a set of five? AND didn't you take your rails off so you could put on your Shrockworks rock sliders?

Good eye Denny!!

SHENANIGANS SHENANIGANS SHENANIGANS SHENANIGANS SHENANIGANS
Old 11-21-2008, 05:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Denny2565

Oh oh!!! Caught red handed playing with the photo editor by that eagle-eyed Denny.

Back to the drawing board.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh oh!!! Caught red handed playing with the photo editor by that eagle-eyed Denny.

Back to the drawing board.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

How do you guys like my new tires and wheels?

Hey Gary your Dick Cepek's turned into Mickey Thompsons
Old 11-22-2008, 05:48 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bama JK
Hey Gary your Dick Cepek's turned into Mickey Thompsons
I think they're Hankooks in that pic, but I could be wrong. Was originally planning on buying Hankooks as they had a 33.6" mud tire, but I bought the Cepeks instead when I was able to negotiate a decent price on them from 4WheelDrive. One of the sales guys (Sam) has given me very good deals both times I've called. I need to place another order with them soon to use a gift card they gave me for delaying shipping on my order (very aggravating to have my parts sitting in their warehouse for a few extra weeks when I wanted them sitting in my garage . . . like they have been for months now).

By the way, DC is owned by Mickey T now so your above statement isn't far off the mark.

Edit: bama, went back and looked at the original photo of those tires and you are right, they are Mickey Ts!

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 11-22-2008 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Junkie

Default Mountainside Ride

Who else from our area is in for the Mountainside ride Saturday, Dec 6?

See details ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...962#post802962

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat