Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 09-21-2010, 06:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neat paint job on this 2DR, but what's interesting to me is this rig really is a sleeper. Doesn't stand taller than a 2.5" lift, but has crazy flex (note long arms and coilovers).

Old 09-21-2010, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
On my recent trip to Coal Creek, I used my Mopar sunbonnet with my Bestop duster and wraparound windjammer combo to cover up. Endured some fairly intense rain but stayed nice and dry inside. I had heard that the windjammer restricted the seats from going all the way back, but I was plenty comfy and didn't feel claustrophobic. On the downside, rear vision was impeded somewhat, but I got used to using my side mirrors (I don't think the shorter drivers among us would have this issue).

First time out with the wraparound, but overall can recommend this option for those that might be interested.

Here's what it looks like on an Unlimited.

yup, I'll have to say its my favorite combo on my Jeep. If I had a hard top, I'd ditch the factory top all together. Mine is actually quieter than the factory soft top

Old 09-22-2010, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default sun bunny tops....

ok guys, really like your sun bunny set-ups here, or sun bonnett whatever the name...just having a hard time thinking those tie down straps across the back dont flap and pop back against the top going down the road? really?...im going to get set-up to take my hard top off next season and run with one of these i think...
Old 09-22-2010, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilky
dude...not funny. You had me so paranoid coming back from Arizona that I drove most of the way with the radio off, windows down and my head sticking out trying to detect even the slightest tick from my engine.
For some reason, the mental image of somebody in a Jeep cruising down the interstate with their head hanging out the window, listening to their engine, strikes me as humorous.
Don't worry. The Jeep gods have already been given one engine in the North Alabama area as a sacrifice. The rest of you all should be good to go. Just don't ever let your oil level get more than 3/4 of a quart low. And change your oil more frequently than every 5,000 miles.

Originally Posted by MDodson
Remove this bracket if you have one. I was lucky that I was only go about 25 when it broke. It was the worst Death Wooble I had ever felt.

Skyjacker Front Track Bar Bracket for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 2.5"-5" Lift
HOLY CRAP! Glad that didn't happen @ highway speed! Is this due to the added stress caused by the bracket, or just horrible welding? Maybe somebody needs to make gussets for the track bar brackets like they make for the C's.

Originally Posted by racinfast002
yup, I'll have to say its my favorite combo on my Jeep. If I had a hard top, I'd ditch the factory top all together. Mine is actually quieter than the factory soft top

Is that a chrome gas tank door? I run the duster with the stock soft top. Keeps the elements out of the area behind the rear seats, yet still gives you plenty of fresh air.

Anthony
Old 09-22-2010, 05:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wilky
To those on the thread that have gone the TM 5-inch lift route....
have any of you noticed a really annoying squeek coming from the front end?? It happens even with the slightest bump and can be replicated in the parking lot by pushing up/down on the front bumper. Initial thoughts are the coils sitting in the upper factory perches (I removed the 3/4 inch spacers when I put the new lift on).
I have not noticed such a squeak.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Neat paint job on this 2DR, but what's interesting to me is this rig really is a sleeper. Doesn't stand taller than a 2.5" lift, but has crazy flex (note long arms and coilovers).

would love to do some ghost flames on henry like this, bet that's expensive...what's with the leaky spot underneath?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks more like Zebra strips. Bad ass anyways
Old 09-22-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
For some reason, the mental image of somebody in a Jeep cruising down the interstate with their head hanging out the window, listening to their engine, strikes me as humorous.
Don't worry. The Jeep gods have already been given one engine in the North Alabama area as a sacrifice. The rest of you all should be good to go. Just don't ever let your oil level get more than 3/4 of a quart low. And change your oil more frequently than every 5,000 miles.

HOLY CRAP! Glad that didn't happen @ highway speed! Is this due to the added stress caused by the bracket, or just horrible welding? Maybe somebody needs to make gussets for the track bar brackets like they make for the C's. a

Is that a chrome gas tank door? I run the duster with the stock soft top. Keeps the elements out of the area behind the rear seats, yet still gives you plenty of fresh air.

Anthony
Why yes it is a chrome gas door. It came on my jeep. Not something i would have added but it does keep the mud and junk out of there
Old 09-22-2010, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

I like this one myself, was posted a few days ago.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4943109731_179c51c800_b..jpg
Views:	46
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	90215  
Old 09-22-2010, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone have a d44 front laying around 4:11 gears with a locker

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat