Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 09-16-2010, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCAllen
hey justin, your out on base right? nasa side or army side? i couldnt get to this site today, the it guys say it was being "blocked" after the initial scan of the site...just wondering if you tried too and had the same issue.....

08redrecon - noticed you changed your pic, assumed you were a soldier but wasnt sure, thanks for your service! spent saturday in dc with the last honor flight out of huntsville as a guardian for a retired master sgt, wished there was that much patriotism all the time...thanks again, appreciate you defending this country.
im dod and this is one site that has always worked for me
Old 09-16-2010, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

Clocked my cruise control stalk really hard with all the steering wheel motion during the run. On the way back noticed my cruise control wouldn't work. I ended up having to replace the whole cruise control module, but at least it was only a $25 part and Landers had it in stock. No damage visible on the other module either... kinda weird.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RCAllen
hey justin, your out on base right? nasa side or army side? i couldnt get to this site today, the it guys say it was being "blocked" after the initial scan of the site...just wondering if you tried too and had the same issue.....

08redrecon - noticed you changed your pic, assumed you were a soldier but wasnt sure, thanks for your service! spent saturday in dc with the last honor flight out of huntsville as a guardian for a retired master sgt, wished there was that much patriotism all the time...thanks again, appreciate you defending this country.
Thanks, yes I retired last May after 21 years. Spent last year deployed again as a contractor but this time in Kuwait, big difference to Afghanistan.

Last edited by 08RedRecon; 09-16-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Dynamax, but if I had it to do over, I would go the route Brandon took. Buy muffler and clamps, cut exhaust, insert muffler, add a tip maybe, and pocket $200 savings for other mods.
A lot of folks are raving about the MBRP exhaust. I havent looked into it.

Last edited by 08RedRecon; 09-16-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
What's Brandon doing . . . pushing?
I think right here I was pulling... however, I did seem to be helping a lot more after the rain.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Flat Tire

After our little ride Sat, I started looking at my tires... they all have marks and little cuts but the back right tire only has a little life left. There's a big gash in the sidewall. I guess I will be in the market for some more tires pretty soon.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
After our little ride Sat, I started looking at my tires... they all have marks and little cuts but the back right tire only has a little life left. There's a big gash in the sidewall. I guess I will be in the market for some more tires pretty soon.
That sucks. Hope you got your money's worth out of them.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
That sucks. Hope you got your money's worth out of them.
I believe I did... I got them used from Dennis when he went with the 35MTRs... They have about 50K on them and would make it another 10K without worry... Im just not sure with the wet months coming if I will be doing much riding... it sad when your stock street tires have more tread left than your offroad ones do.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:01 PM
JK Junkie

Default Windrock = Coal Creek

By the way, here's why they call it Coal Creek Company . . .

Pic taken by Dstack (I think).
Old 09-17-2010, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Damn. Just missed out on a nice local low-mileage take-out Hemi. Oh well, the search continues........

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat