Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 09-09-2010, 04:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Justin! Looking better all the time.

You enjoying your duster/sunbonnet setup?

Originally Posted by racinfast002
pics as promised

Old 09-09-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Lets just hope none of us ever need this kind of help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sAdcVfpgig
Old 09-09-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

I like the setup for the summer. It would be a little to drafty for me to run in the winter time. I LOVE the look of the jeep with the top setup
Old 09-10-2010, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sushi
My 2 door Silver Rubicon in the vids is still sporting stock drive shafts....
you just have to realize what you working with....
thanks for the info guys, i wont worry about the drive shaft anytime soon....

still concerned about the 2 hard start instances...may just replace the battery for peace of mind sake.....

"you just have to realize what you working with....." girls understand that at an early age!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the setup for the summer. It would be a little to drafty for me to run in the winter time. I LOVE the look of the jeep with the top setup
damn justin your jeep looks GREAT!....that's exactly the top set-up i want to do next spring on henry, does that soft top "flap" at all? i just hate a "flappin" soft top.....
Old 09-10-2010, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RCAllen
.............. i just hate a "flappin" soft top.....
This was good for a LOL moment. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Wilky
That is the worst F-ing recovery attempt I have ever seen. Everyone of those idiots should be shot for being stupid. Everything they were "attempting" to do was counterproductive to something else. Jesus....the easiest fix would have been just to push the stupid TJ the rest of the way into the ditch and drive out the other side. Dumbasses.
How do you really feel about it, Wes? No need to hold back .......... I do agree though, they should have just pushed that thing into the ditch, and drove it back out. Either straight out the other side, or further down the line a little. Hell, they were already hooked up to that tree. Winch it out going forward.

Anthony
Old 09-10-2010, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

always pickin on the little guy arent yall

My Jeep has officially been PIMPED my friends. I got rubber last night from steve and have taylor's old procomps. Needless to say it looks AWESOME. It actually rides better than the stock wheels/tires that were on it. I'm happy with it for now, but I need some bigger tires in a big sort of way. The wider wheels actually lowered my ride height I think. I really like the way the Nitto tires ride on the road though. May consider buying a set of those in a 35. Just have to see what kind of mileage people are getting out of them. I still want a 35" dueler
he makes it too easy, his jeep is named "cooter" and has a broken zipper.......

yea i was really surprised at how quiet my 33" were, i did the lassie thing hanging out the window for a couple days but there is little to no tire noise....and the ride seems mucho softer than with the stock wheels and tires....last off road tires i had were 35 dick cepek's in florida and they were noisy as hell, but the was a long time ago too...lots of progress made in the tire mfg world.......

and while im asking i get in gravel down along the river sometimes and the steering seems to get "sloppy" in the soft stuff, would a stabilzer fix that?
Old 09-10-2010, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lBakSKg8cA&NR=1

Check this one out Steve...........
Old 09-10-2010, 06:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Divescaves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lBakSKg8cA&NR=1

Check this one out Steve...........
Yeah I watched that one last night as well, funny as shit. There are some really funny and some really dumb Jeep videos out there......as Wilky has so elaquently pointed out.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RCAllen
damn justin your jeep looks GREAT!....that's exactly the top set-up i want to do next spring on henry, does that soft top "flap" at all? i just hate a "flappin" soft top.....
my mopar sun bonnet (gay name) is actually quieter than my factory soft top. However I think my header seal needs replacing as I'm getting a lot of wind noise lately.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat