Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 09-07-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
man I would, but I'll be at the beach that weekend
Its too cold for the beach.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Here is another ride this weekend. Some of them are camping there. 4hrs from Madison

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...e-camping-trip
Old 09-07-2010, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Its too cold for the beach.
I hear ya, but thats what Hope wanted for her birthday, so I can handle that.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
man I would, but I'll be at the beach that weekend
Me to......the Atlantic ocean.........Justin I think I saw you at Arby's yesterday about 5:30 with a spit shine on
Old 09-07-2010, 02:41 PM
JK Freak

Here is another ride this weekend. Some of them are camping there. 4hrs from Madison

I have been alot of places in my jeep, and this is one of the best on the east coast, I would say it is worth the 4 hr drive. I have made the drive 2 times already and I will be returning for a third.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:44 PM
JK Junkie

Default Coal Creek (Windrock)

I'm tentatively planning on attending this ride. I've also been on two other occasions (see pics in this thread), and had a really great time.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 09-07-2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Added Pic
Old 09-07-2010, 03:51 PM
JK Junkie

Default DieHard Platinum Battery

wow, i hadnt researched batteries so didnt realize folks were experiencing short life issues with the Optimas. That sucks cause they arent exactly cheap. Speaking of which, how did they compare cost wise?
The re-badged Odyssey is $100 cheaper purchased as a DieHard (roughly $200 with tax). One may be able to purchase the Optima cheaper through Sams or Costco, but again, since I didn't go the dual battery route, I didn't want to chance having the type problems some folks have had with the Optima batteries. Keep in mind, many are very happy with their Optimas, so it's a hit or miss thing.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

aaaaaaaaaaww shit I was putting my top and doors on and zipping up the back window and I skipped a tooth or two now the little bastard is stuck,,, Any ideas on this if not the dealer will have to figure it out Friday......
Old 09-07-2010, 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

Default Morris Mtn

How long time wise? It's further than Choccolocca which I think was 2.5-3 hours.

Anybody else up for this ride on 2 Oct?
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ide-Morris-Mtn.

Check it out at www.morrismountainorv.com
Old 09-07-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Junkie

Default Deformed and Negleted 35" Nitto Grapplers

Originally Posted by Wilky
Hey Anthony.......

I read somewhere that it is bad for Nittos to be sitting in one spot for too long. Something about they'll get flat spots or something. You need me to "rotate" them for a couple of thousand miles??

Wow!! That's really, really nice of you Wes! I had read the same thing (and that the 35 inch sizes are especially susceptible), but decided I didn't want to go out of my way to help Anthony in that respect. Good thing that when folks like me are being all self-indulgent, there are kind, compassionate, caring souls like yourself to pick up the slack, and share the burden.

Anyway Wes, you've shamed me into realizing that I should also help Anthony out given his predicament, so . . . while Anthony is mounting those Grapplers onto Rubi-Gene, I'll volunteer to come over and help splash the water around in his pool in order to prevent it from "settling" (something I've heard that can be bad for the bottom of the pool). Plus, if he has anything good finishing up on the grill, I'll take care of it - make sure it doesn't get burned, or ravaged by flying insects and the like. Anthony is fortunate indeed to be able to call us his "friends".

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat