Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back from the Rockies

Been backpacking in the Rockies for the last several days. Saw a nice Rubi Unlimited way back up in the mountains one day (the trails I was on were almost 95% non-vehicular, but we did a little stretch where everyone was allowed). Didn't snap a shot specifically of the JK, but you can see a little bit of it in the below pic off to the right (my friend is crossing a bridge over a very wet, marshy part of the trail - interesting topography considering the elevation).

If you look close, you can still see snow along the peaks on some of the mountains, and yup . . . it was pretty chilly camping up there considering it's the end of August (but then again, I'm a Southern boy who's accustomed to the wet, misty, humid, balmy summers of the Smokie Mtns).

Old 09-01-2010, 01:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Been backpacking in the Rockies for the last several days. Saw a nice Rubi Unlimited way back up in the mountains one day (the trails I was on were almost 95% non-vehicular, but we did a little stretch where everyone was allowed). Didn't snap a shot specifically of the JK, but you can see a little bit of it in the below pic off to the right (my friend is crossing a bridge over a very wet, marshy part of the trail - interesting topography considering the elevation).

If you look close, you can still see snow along the peaks on some of the mountains, and yup . . . it was pretty chilly camping up there considering it's the end of August (but then again, I'm a Southern boy who's accustomed to the wet, misty, humid, balmy summers of the Smokie Mtns).

Nice view out there
Old 09-01-2010, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi

Awesome scenery! Always nice to see other parts of the country. Thanks for sharing. I was thinking maybe you photchopped the JK in the woods, sort of like a "Can you spot the JK in this pic?" kind of thing.

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Guess I misunderstood what Rocket city said on the phone. He meant I needed a new carrier for the new gears. Going from stock to 5.13s required the new carrier. At least nothing was broke.

drives almost like it's old self again. Actually got into 5th and 6th gears coming home. Almost rear ended a car as I was used to it being such a dog. Recon is back!!!!
I was wondering about that when you said it was only going to be another $80 or so to fix a broke housing ........... I thought that was a helluva deal for a new housing!
Glad to hear the gears made such a big difference in driving.

Anthony

Last edited by sixty5vdub; 09-01-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by randy payne
Got a droid x this thing is cooool, any of y'all got 1
I have one. It pretty much rocks my socks off. Its got a shitty battery life though
Old 09-01-2010, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

top has been unbolted and off for almost two weeks now...... yeah time to cut the grass
Old 09-01-2010, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Engine Swap Update

Well ............ I was planning on pulling the 3.8L out this weekend, but I was reminded that I have a birthday party for a friend to go to on Smith Lake. So ......... stay home and wrench, or hang out at the lake all weekend. Damn, I am never going to get the Jeep back on the road.
I may just have to take a week off from work here soon and knock it out.

I think I have found a donor engine from a '08 GC with around 10k miles. Probably pull the trigger on that this week.

I am selling off most of the external parts from the 3.8L. I have a post in the FS section, if you know of anybody needing parts.

Just a few words of wisdom to all you boys and girls out there:
El Cheapo sockets + air ratchet + stubborn bolts = stripped out socket.
If you cut into your Jeep, it will bleed.

And finally: Adult swim nights are MUCH more fun than kid swim nights.

Edit: <--------- 500 posts!

Anthony
Old 09-01-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Divescaves
top has been unbolted and off for almost two weeks now...... yeah time to cut the grass
ive had my front panels out all week, and may even get brave enough to take the WHOLE top off this weekend, highs in the low 80's through tuesday, or so they're sayin now....
Old 09-01-2010, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilky
What?!? Thanks for the invite........jerk.

Sorry. I thought you were still travelling. Yea ........... that's the ticket.

Besides, had to keep the male / female ratio in check. Unless you bring some ladies ................ JK. Kinda.

Anthony
Old 09-01-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Heads Up!

Anybody want a free lift kit?

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ystem-GIVEAWAY!!

Anthony
Old 09-01-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Junkie

Default Full Traction Lift

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Anybody want a free lift kit?
Thanks for the heads-up Anthony!! You ought to win a little something for being the first response Mr. Johnnie-on-the-Spot.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat