Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-27-2010, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Not sure if we'll hit the Peak yet, but if so, may come up Crag Trail, then drop down Barr. Will let you know how it goes. Cori's time definitely isn't shabby considering most of America would keel over dead attempting the same thing.
What's so great about that? Nobuhiro Tajima did it a couple of years ago in a little over 10 minutes ...............
I wouldn't last 5 minutes trying to go up that mountain in anything not powered by an internal combustion engine. But, I am pretty good at drinking beer.

Is it just me, or are there a LOT more JKs running around town? Saw a white 2dr, running no spare, blacked out stock rims, and what looked like PIAA headlights (very blue looking) cruising down Hwy 20 in Madison this morning. And at least 4-5 more. Including Justin rolling with no doors. Seems like every red light I stop at, I see a JK. They are all taunting me ..............

I like the chop on that Red Rock Sahara posted above. Hmmmmm ........ since I am waiting on the engine and transmission, I have some free time, a sawzall, and some masking tape. Bwwwaaaaaahhhhaaaahaaaaaa

Anthony

Last edited by sixty5vdub; 08-27-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Is it just me, or are there a LOT more JKs running around town? Saw a white 2dr, running no spare, blacked out stock rims, and what looked like PIAA headlights (very blue looking) cruising down Hwy 20 in Madison this morning. And at least 4-5 more. Including Justin rolling with no doors. Seems like every red light I stop at, I see a JK. They are all taunting me ..............

I like the chop on that Red Rock Sahara posted above. Hmmmmm ........ since I am waiting on the engine and transmission, I have some free time, a sawzall, and some masking tape. Bwwwaaaaaahhhhaaaahaaaaaa

Anthony
Well the reason you see me so much Anthony is we live like right next to each other. And I'm loving the chopped sahara fenders as well. If I ever get tires (one day lol) I'm chopping mine up.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wilky
Well, 21.5 hours of it was spent crossing Texas... Literally from corner (El Paso) to corner (Texarkana).

Have fun on Barr Trail. Cori finished the Ascent (the race from Manitou Springs Trailhead to top of Pikes Peak) Saturday in a little over 5 hours. She was disappointed because she did it in a little over 4 hours last year, but she wasn't able to train for this one.
I assume you were heading home and have already driven past Little Rock... if not and you are still out there in R-Kansas, come on by and have a beer!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by randy payne
What do y'all clean your soft tops with?
Your supposed to wash your soft top??

I normally just let the rain wash mine. The rare case where I do wash it (when removing it for the hard top-winter season, or when putting it back on @ spring time) I just use regular car washing soap and a sponge.

Anthony
Old 08-27-2010, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Looking for a Jeep

Anybody here know of a used Jeep for sale? This guy is looking for one.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=1#post1823490

Anthony
Old 08-27-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Anybody here know of a used Jeep for sale? This guy is looking for one.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=1#post1823490

Anthony
decisions decisions
Old 08-27-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by randy payne
What do y'all clean your soft tops with?
Try this Bestop cleaner and protectant. Theyve also go something for the vinyl windows. I have a Mcguires product for the vinyl windows, walmart sells it
http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...1083.112&c=104
Old 08-28-2010, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Saw a real nice black Rubi Unlimited this evening over in Madison. Had Rock Star wheels, and what looked to be 35" meats. Perhaps a 2 to 2 1/2 inch lift. Guy even returned a wave.
Originally Posted by racinfast002
that had to be donny. only its a 4" lift and 37's
I saw Donny out this afternoon, His rig was looking good..... He is the only person in here that I have seen out on the road......and I'm out alot during the week on weekends...... up and down university drive about five times a day.....I got mine 4/15/2010 and have already put 8000 miles on it, where are the rest of you guys at ?
Old 08-28-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also to hell with all the stuck up people driving TJ's and JK's that I wave at and all I get is a turned up nose........I guess some people don't appreciate being part of this way of life, driving a Jeep
Old 08-28-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Divescaves
I saw Donny out this afternoon, His rig was looking good..... He is the only person in here that I have seen out on the road......and I'm out alot during the week on weekends...... up and down university drive about five times a day.....I got mine 4/15/2010 and have already put 8000 miles on it, where are the rest of you guys at ?
I have about 33K and my Jeep is 1yr 3mths old.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat