Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-22-2010, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=yhudson;1816438]
Originally Posted by Wilky

Wilky, if you're in AZ this fall we'll plan a trip to some of our testing grounds. I get a pretty good deal at the Holiday Inn Express in Prescott, so we'll put you up on our dime so you can get back not being too beat up the next day.

Email me some pics so that I can put them up on our TM site when it's finished... That goes for all the South trail master folks.

Yates
Yates
Ive got some poser shots. As soon as I get some flex shots Ill send them to you.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sushi

Looks like fun, although it's a little more than I'd be willing to do with my new Jeep just yet. I'd at least like to make the first payment on it and maybe get a few scratches before I go on that.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

Good to see Taylor again and meet you guys today Frankie. Bad that I was wrestling with that silly JKS track bar "upgrade", and wasn't able to wheel. Finally got the new JKS latest and greatest design bar on now, but need to do a little test flexing to check clearance at the ARB diff cover. David at Northridge4x4 told me all would be good - hope that's accurate, cause I'm going to be big time miffed if I have to wrench that new bar back off.

Stayed around and talked to Mike for awhile - he has an awesome looking 2DR Rubi on 37's and a lot of nice upgrades. If you find us Mike, say "Hi".

Thanks for posting some pics - hope you guys let us know if you plan to hit that trail again in the future. Next time I'll try to not have the Jeep taken apart.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

my jeep (the 2010 silver 2 door) turned 3300 miles while we on the ride
I know It would do fine, it's just a mental thing I guess. When I was younger I had a 4x4 Mazda and put it through hell, and didn't think twice. Like I said, the new will just have to wear off a little bit for me.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ASTE25
I know It would do fine, it's just a mental thing I guess. When I was younger I had a 4x4 Mazda and put it through hell, and didn't think twice. Like I said, the new will just have to wear off a little bit for me.
Hey, that's fully understandable Jordan. Most of us here just want to get out on the trails, do a little climbing, go over an obstacle or two or more, but most importantly . . . not do any damage, and definitely be able to drive our Jeeps back home and to work the next day.

Just take it easy, learn your Jeep (my JK is much more capable than my previous FJ40 and CJ-7), and have fun.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Default Wheel Fix

Good job Wes!! How long to get that set up?

Originally Posted by Wilky
Old 08-22-2010, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thought I would post up a picture of a friend we made along the way....

Old 08-22-2010, 09:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RokinRubi
Thought I would post up a picture of a friend we made along the way....

In my opinion, the only good snake is a dead snake!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:25 AM
JK Freak

interesting discovery I made on my way back from ATL

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ep-wont-go-WOT
Old 08-23-2010, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Hmmm . . . I really like this instrument panel. Pull off the top console cover, and replace with this guy. Might be a good spot for an oil pressure gauge.

Anthony - you going to add any gauges during the new engine install?

I like those gauges, but hate the location. I know there isn't really a good place on the dash for gauges, but I just do not care for mounting them on top of the dash. Maybe a pod on the A pillar

And Holy Carp! That Jeep is clean ..............

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat