Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-16-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny2565
By the way, I'm selling the lift kit that I took off my jeep a few months ago. I've got to take some pics of the parts before I post it in the for sale section, but thought I'd give the locals first shot at it.

I'll be asking $500 and here's what comes in the kit:

Front and rear 2.5" Teraflex coils ($454 on the Northridge4x4 site ---> http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=TF-1853102 )
Front JKS trackbar (The bar itself is the second generation replacement and was never installed) ($144 on the Northridge4x4 site --->http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=JKS-OGS121 )
Rear JKS trackbar (Another $144)
Front and rear Rubicon Express bumpstops ($40)
Rubicon Express monotube shocks from a 2" budget boost (Maybe $100 used, but $300 new?)
Rubicon Express rear sway bar links ($32)
I forgot to mention that I'll also have a set of black plastic fender flares for sale pretty soon too. One has some trail rash on it so I'll probably ask $100 for the four. I was going to try and chop them, but decided I would just stick with the full flares already on my jeep instead.
You could sell these parts in the blink of an eye if you'll post them up in the main For Sale section.

Where's the pics?
Old 08-16-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. I've had radio and wiper malfunctions before, but the problems fixed themselves by leaving the battery disconnected for five or ten minutes.
That's a good idea - negative battery cable, right?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone else in for the ride... Like to get a good group of jk's to go
Old 08-16-2010, 09:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RokinRubi
Anyone else in for the ride... Like to get a good group of jk's to go
I'd go...but I'm still not big enough to play with the big boys yet. I need more tire
Old 08-17-2010, 03:35 AM
JK Freak

I've got 12K miles on them now and the noise isn't bad at all for an MT. They're louder now than when they were new, but I don't even notice it at highway speed. By the way, the MTR's run a little bigger than most other brands. The tread is wearing pretty good as far as I can tell, no cupping or chunking so far.
Thanks for the info. I took a close look at the tread patterns, and they do seem to have more siping than most of the competitors. It looks like they're decently light as well. I think I'll order a set today.

Micah
Old 08-17-2010, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Happy to help - sorry everything isn't functioning normal yet. Might be time to visit the dealer if Henry is still under warranty. They might be able to do some sort of software reset or something - just brainstorming here.
well i think he is still under warranty, and the guys at the athens jeep store service center have been really, really good to me in the past with stuff, like mechanical stuff, but im afraid they'd be lost as last years easter eggs trying to trouble shoot a computer issue.....

im going to try the disconnect the battery idea....even i can do that, right? which one is negative?
Old 08-17-2010, 05:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RCAllen
im going to try the disconnect the battery idea....even i can do that, right? which one is negative?
Negative (-) is the large black battery cable. Positive (+) is the large red cable. DO NOT let the connector end of the black cable touch the connector end of the red cable.

By the way, you will lose your radio settings when you perform this "reboot", so if they're really important, note which stations are set on which buttons.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Negative (-) is the large black battery cable. Positive (+) is the large red cable. DO NOT let the connector end of the black cable touch the connector end of the red cable.

By the way, you will lose your radio settings when you perform this "reboot", so if they're really important, note which stations are set on which buttons.
thanks much for the info i will try this when i get home. radio stations are easy to re-create, not many saved, do you think i will lose all the music i have loaded to the internal hard drive? some of that was loaned disks and i know i cant redo those....well either way it's just some music...more to come....
Old 08-17-2010, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
I'd go...but I'm still not big enough to play with the big boys yet. I need more tire
You would be fine...........I've got a chain........there sounds like enough people to pull you out of anything..........I've seen a stock Suzuki samurai no lift with street tires up there and a girl was driving . I think you should kick yourself in the butt for saying you don't have as much as a suzuki samurai..............just sayin..........It's a nice ride you would be sorry if you didn't go
Old 08-17-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

On my BMW M3 I used to have, When I rebooted I took both battery cables off the battery then touched them together the (+) and (-) with them (not connected to the battery)..I don't know if it's the same for Jeep but I don't think it would hurt if the other didn't work, might be worth a try

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat