Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-15-2010, 06:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilky
Denny,
Ever wonder what you would look like with 38's????
I'm guessing he'd look a little like this.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sushi
A simple answer.....pedal would have been great. After 10 min. of surfing to find out what a Colnago is.................

I ride a cycle, but mine has a motor.....always looking for people to ride with
i has motorcycle....but I spun a rod bearing in it so its kinda just sitting in the corner of the shop
Old 08-16-2010, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Robin - this is a shot in the dark, but good chance that if you've placed a phone (not sure about other electronics) on your dash above the radio, EMI from the phone may have have "interfered" with your compass pickup and radio electronics immediately below that dash area. Many folks running an aftermarket Daystar Dash Panel have noted similar "disturbances".
your shot in the dark was a bulls eye, exactly what happened, the first thing i added was the nifty little daystar tray to hold my phone and sunglasses, even glued a piece of toolbox liner on top so they dont slide around...what a dummy i am ....got the compass back pointing right but have lost the ability to load pics off a usb connect to the built-in hard drive.... thanks!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RCAllen
your shot in the dark was a bulls eye, exactly what happened, the first thing i added was the nifty little daystar tray to hold my phone and sunglasses, even glued a piece of toolbox liner on top so they dont slide around...what a dummy i am ....got the compass back pointing right but have lost the ability to load pics off a usb connect to the built-in hard drive.... thanks!
Glad you got it worked out (well, most of it). I swear, the more technology they put into new vehicles, the more I want my old '65 Beetle back. Comforts like NAV, computers, and the like are great when they work. But, when they do have issues, and it seems like nothing is an "easy" fix.

BTW: I have posted my Flashpaq in the For Sale > Perfomance Section, if anyone is interested. Last deal fell through. No biggie. Already have a nibble on the line!!

Hopefully I have somebody coming soon to get the front and rear bumpers. A few less things to have laying around the garage.

I am gonna part this thing like the Red Sea! Well, at least some of it ..................

Anthony
Old 08-16-2010, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

oh yea, id give anything to have my 74 blazer back, you couldnt turn it in a 40 acre field but it would go anywhere anytime and ran forever, all it ever needed was gas...good ole days i guess...i didnt want all this stuff in mine, i was only wanting to drive an automatic, the jeep store in huntsville only had 2 and both were 6spd's.....to make a long story short the athens store made me LOVE the black automatic with the price.....

if i thought i needed a flashpaq i would bite, but im new at this and still trying to figure out, superchips? (is that the same thing you have?) changing gears, k&n air intake system, ive heard all that stuff "can" improve gas mileage...and i think my wheels and tires now make a difference in all that now too....ill get serious about it soon and ask ya'll a buttload of stupid questions im sure.....
Old 08-16-2010, 10:00 AM
JK Super Freak

went onto Redstone with Recon today to reserve a camper for Bristol this weekend and saw several JKs driving around.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

if i thought i needed a flashpaq i would bite, but im new at this and still trying to figure out, superchips? (is that the same thing you have?) changing gears, k&n air intake system, ive heard all that stuff "can" improve gas mileage...and i think my wheels and tires now make a difference in all that now too....ill get serious about it soon and ask ya'll a buttload of stupid questions im sure.....
Yep, Superchips is the brand, Flashpaq is the actual model of programmer. Superchips makes a couple of different programmers for different vehicles.

And about the stupid questions .............. fire away. We might bust your chops a little, but we were all newbies to this Jeep thing at some point in the past. It's all in good fun. Well, most of it .....................

Anthony
Old 08-16-2010, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
You'll be the fourth 5" Trail Master kit in our area (that I'm aware of)...

If you're already thinking 37s, then that's what you should probably go with as you may soon be second guessing yourself if you don't. As for choices, many people are very happy with their Goodyear Kevlar MTRs or BFG KM2s.
I'm looking forward to joining the club

Good call on the 37s. I can always go a bit smaller later if the 37s are too impractical.

Originally Posted by Denny2565
If you need a hand with the lift install, let me know. I can come over any evening or anytime on the weekends. As for tires, I've been happy with my MTR/Kevlar's. But the Mickey Thompson MTZ's also have a good reputation. Both of these tires are siped so they will handle better on the road if your wife ever gets caught in the rain.
Thanks for the offer! What's the noise level like on the MTRs? I'm sure any MT will be a bit noisy, but I was curious what your experience has been. I'm also curious what your take on the treadwear is.

Originally Posted by Wilky
NO!! Of course not!!!

When you're ready for the lift install, there are several of us here that have experienced that particular kit and can probably do it blindfolded now.
Thanks very much!

Micah
Old 08-16-2010, 03:26 PM
JK Junkie

I'm getting a group together to go up killingsworth cove (AKA the stairsteps) on sunday....let me know if any of you are interested in going
I'm definitely interested, especially if it drys out a bit and it's in the afternoon. I'll keep a watch here for more details.

trail starts in killingsworth cove and goes to coalmine and bingham mnt. Have you heard of the easter run ? there was also a benefit ride about a month ago.
Is that the one with the gated "county road"? We were going to drive around up there back about the time when this thread was getting started, but couldn't get in because hunting clubs have blocked many of the access roads now. Used to drive all over Potato Knob, Coalmine, Bingham when I was a lad.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 08-16-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:37 PM
JK Junkie

Happy to help - sorry everything isn't functioning normal yet. Might be time to visit the dealer if Henry is still under warranty. They might be able to do some sort of software reset or something - just brainstorming here.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat