Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-13-2010, 09:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilky
Dang, that's a good price. What manufacturer?
Just sent him a PM to ask, will let you know the response.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:08 AM
JK Super Freak

They are G2 gears, install kits and covers
Old 08-13-2010, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
cool. let us know how you like them. that is a killer deal for sure
Old 08-13-2010, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Welcome to all

Welcome ASTE25 and RCAllen.

I have been in Alaska for the last week or I would have welcomed you sooner. If both of you would like a beginner trail, then maybe we could get some people up and take the easy trail up "the Hollow" or whatever code name we call it... its about 45mins from downtown huntsville.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
Welcome ASTE25 and RCAllen.

I have been in Alaska for the last week or I would have welcomed you sooner. If both of you would like a beginner trail, then maybe we could get some people up and take the easy trail up "the Hollow" or whatever code name we call it... its about 45mins from downtown huntsville.

thanks brandon, welcome home hope it was cooler in alaska than it is here. yea a "beginner" "easy" trail would be a great start, though from looking and reading the threads on this site, ya'lls definition of easy and beginner might be a whole lot different than mine...im still working on the neighbors gravel driveway......ill keep a watch here for a plan...
Old 08-13-2010, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Stubby bumper

Just got my specialty rivets in....... so I'm about to chop the stock front bumper down 10" to 12" out of each side and the rivet back together........... Kind of short of funds this time of the year and I just can't see spending $700 for a bumper right now so I've got a lot of cheap mod.s that I'm about to do.

You guys have heard me say I get killer deals at the dealer, These rivets have a mopar part number, they wanted five dollars each I found them online shipped $17.64 for 25 of them, thats like $.71 each shipped.

I'm not gonna spend $200 on a sliver radio and a/c controls bezel so I bought some Bright Sliver in a spay can from the dealer, going to do the a/c vents, upper speaker grills and center bezel, the paint was $7.75 a can
Old 08-13-2010, 03:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RCAllen
thanks for the welcome jk-rubi, luckily i had that "flash to pass" option on something else i had so it didnt confuse me much.....

its friday the 13th for me, my compass is stuck on north and my radio\nav is now displayed in spanish

reading through the manual now, yicks re-calibrating the compass is a 12 step program...and cant find the language setting...if i understood why this happened i might be more patient....
Robin - this is a shot in the dark, but good chance that if you've placed a phone (not sure about other electronics) on your dash above the radio, EMI from the phone may have have "interfered" with your compass pickup and radio electronics immediately below that dash area. Many folks running an aftermarket Daystar Dash Panel have noted similar "disturbances".
Old 08-13-2010, 03:24 PM
JK Junkie

Default 5.13 Gears

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Steve - you going to give DIY installation a shot? If so, let me know as I'd love to come lend a hand and learn something at the same time. I've got a bunch of "How to" threads bookmarked.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Divescaves
JYou guys have heard me say I get killer deals at the dealer, These rivets have a mopar part number, they wanted five dollars each I found them online shipped $17.64 for 25 of them, thats like $.71 each shipped.
You have the link Ed (remember to change the color of the http address to prevent it from being a "hot" link - you can click the "A" next to Fonts and Sizes in the message box to find different colors)?
Old 08-13-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys, just wanted to say. I'm back in town for school. Looking forward to having lunch with everyone again

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat