Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-12-2010, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"LMAO, another guy with a sense of humor. This is a tough crowd, as long as you can hold your own, youll fit right in. "

well if i had one, i could probably "hold my own" but seeing as i dont.....and no, im not going to hold yours

see, you guys are funny as hell and you dont even mean to be sometimes....ill watch for the meet at lunch arrangements and just crash it....

im off to find a thread to take my rear window washer off, i hate that box on the glass back there...gotta be someone here who has already done that.....
Old 08-12-2010, 03:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
I can rename the thread. What do we want to call it? North Alabama/Southern Tennessee Or how about Tennessee Valley?
Hey Chris - would prefer to keep Huntsville in the title if possible as it's easy for folks to orient themselves specifically to this area of North Alabama (say verses B'ham or Florence).

How does just adding "area" to the thread title work for you guys (and gals)? Say something like:

Huntsville, AL Area

Old 08-12-2010, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PLATOON
They are in the same enclosure as the zombie hunters. I have two sealed chambers in the front of it with a 10" sub in each. The enclosure is 2 or 2.5" off of the floor and the subs are down firing. See the plans below:

Very nice...................
Old 08-12-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Hey Chris - would prefer to keep Huntsville in the title if possible as it's easy for folks to orient themselves specifically to this area of North Alabama (say verses B'ham or Florence).

How does just adding "area" to the thread title work for you guys (and gals)? Say something like:

Huntsville, AL Area

How about "The Greater Huntsville Area'?
Old 08-12-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RCAllen
Ok i might as well jump in too…ive been “lurking” now for a few months and getting lots of good info here, you guys crack me up!

my name is robin and i live just northwest of Ardmore over the state line and drive an 09 4dr Black JK. ive had him about a year now and just love it! always wanted a jeep and when they made the 4drs, I decided to do it….
Originally Posted by RCAllen
this is my ride "Henry":

Welcome to the forum and area thread Robin and Henry!!

Like others have said, we're all learning new things about our JKs. A number of us still laugh about the Turn Indicator Demons - you're driving down the road and you accidentally bump your turn indicator stalk, next thing you know the blinker is on, but you don't want to make a turn!! So you bump the stalk in the other direction because you know that will make it quit . . . wrong. Now you're indicating a turn in the opposite direction, so you quickly bump the stalk again, but now you're back to where you started - the turn indicator is blinking for a turn you don't want to make.

I couldn't figure it out other than when it started to blink, just leave the stalk alone and hope it would quit. Then one day Wilky and I, with another Huntsville area JKer, are headed down to Dusty Lonesome for a ride, and Wilky comments on how he loves that the turn indicator just needs a little bump to indicate a turn by blinking exactly three times.

Mystery solved, but I still feel a little silly thinking about how many cars have cursed me during the first several months that I was driving Wilbur around with the blinkers indicating left, then right, then left, then right hand turns.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ASTE25
This is my second Jeep, I used to have a "$100 special" Cherokee, which I sunk about $3500 in.
Many of us can relate to the modding "disease" Jordon. Was going to start easy with Wilbur, but after several great times on the trails, started making more and more mods both to add capability and/or convenience.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
we should do lunch or something.....just sayin
Originally Posted by Divescaves
I second this statement

Hint Hint
Old 08-12-2010, 04:29 PM
JK Junkie

Default New Thread Title

Originally Posted by Wilky
Nice, or....

"The area immediately surrounding the township of Huntsville, AL"

Or, "The Greater Metropolitan Huntsville Alabama Area". Well, maybe not, reminds me of something New York City politicians would dream up.

Here are my thoughts for merely changing the Huntsville thread title to: Huntsville, AL Area

Would like to leave some sort of Alabama designation as there is a Huntsville, TN which is of course also in the South. Also, for those familiar with the thread title, just appending area to the title hopefully won't lose anyone (although that's probably not very likely). If we settle on something better later on, then we could contemplate another change.

Our present title isn't that far off in my mind (based on the recent influx of area folks posting) and has served us well for several years now.

Food for thought,
Gary
Old 08-12-2010, 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Or, "The Greater Metropolitan Huntsville Alabama Area". Well, maybe not, reminds me of something New York City politicians would dream up.

Here are my thoughts for merely changing the Huntsville thread title to: Huntsville, AL Area

Would like to leave some sort of Alabama designation as there is a Huntsville, TN which is of course also in the South. Also, for those familiar with the thread title, just appending area to the title hopefully won't lose anyone (although that's probably not very likely). If we settle on something better later on, then we could contemplate another change.

Our present title isn't that far off in my mind (based on the recent influx of area folks posting) and has served us well for several years now.

Food for thought,
Gary
Hope about North Alabama? or Redneck Centeral? or Rocket City Area?
Old 08-12-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Hope about North Alabama? or Redneck Centeral? or Rocket City Area?
Rocket city, maybe a silhouette of a rocket with JK in it.... sticker on my Jeep.........

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat