Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-24-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Denny2565,

Check out this Steel Blue front grill mod. Let us know when you're ready to take the plunge.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...8&postcount=24
(Click the "thread link" upper right to see full thread.)

Attachment 12135

And for you Red Rock fans out there:

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 08-24-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Red08JK
Hey Denny, sounds good. probably seen each other on the road.
I think we all need to linkup somewhere like Sonic in Madison one night and doa meet/great so we can plan a ride on the trails.
Thoughts? Locations?

Steve
Hey Steve, if JK-Rubi gets his parts in, we might be working on his jeep in my garage this weekend(probably Saturday). So if you or anyone else on this thread wants to come by, shoot me a pm for my address. If Saturday afternoon doesn't work, maybe we could do a meet/greet that night at Sonic. Just an idea, if anyone else has suggestions for time/places, feel free to post. I also realize that this is a holiday weekend so it may not be a good time to try and round up the locals.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I live in Trinity Al. It is about 30 miles west. I would like to find somewhere close to go this Sunday or Monday.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:37 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Hey Steve, if JK-Rubi gets his parts in, we might be working on his jeep in my garage this weekend (probably Saturday). So if you or anyone else on this thread wants to come by, shoot me a pm for my address. If Saturday afternoon doesn't work, maybe we could do a meet/greet that night at Sonic. Just an idea, if anyone else has suggestions for time/places, feel free to post. I also realize that this is a holiday weekend so it may not be a good time to try and round up the locals.
Hey Denny2565,

I was thinking a bit more about us planning to meet later at Sonic or Steak & Shake, and began wondering if we're not being too optimistic by counting on "first pass success". In other words, if we decide to meet at, say 6:00 PM, but we're still up to our eyeballs in sway bar links at 5:00, the anxiety level may start climbing.

How about offering folks the opportunity to come by and visit during the install (we could have some pizza or something there), and maybe plan for a burger the next day, or Monday? Just thinking out loud here (actually this may all be for naught as our success rate for meeting each other is rather abysmal thus far).

So, is anyone interested?
Old 08-25-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MDodson
I live in Trinity Al. It is about 30 miles west. I would like to find somewhere close to go this Sunday or Monday.
That ties in well with my immediately proceeding post.

By the way, welcome to the North Alabama JK Group (or whatever we are calling ourselves).

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 08-25-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys! On the way out of Atlanta yesterday we stopped back at the Jeep fest and I was talking at one of the smittybilt guys about when I can expect to get my new bumper (3-4 weeks i hope) and he said that anything I'd like to make a deal on just ask. So I got a set of grab handles and a 2" receiver d-ring for next to nothing and a XRC 8k lb. winch for $259. So now it's driving me mad looking at my new winch siting in my den waiting for the new bumper..
Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bama JK
Hey guys! On the way out of Atlanta yesterday we stopped back at the Jeep fest and I was talking at one of the smittybilt guys about when I can expect to get my new bumper (3-4 weeks i hope) and he said that anything I'd like to make a deal on just ask. So I got a set of grab handles and a 2" receiver d-ring for next to nothing and a XRC 8k lb. winch for $259. So now it's driving me mad looking at my new winch siting in my den waiting for the new bumper..
Glad to hear you scarfed up some deals on your trip. Was the Jeep Fest well attended? You going again next year?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey Steve, if JK-Rubi gets his parts in, we might be working on his jeep in my garage this weekend(probably Saturday). So if you or anyone else on this thread wants to come by, shoot me a pm for my address. If Saturday afternoon doesn't work, maybe we could do a meet/greet that night at Sonic. Just an idea, if anyone else has suggestions for time/places, feel free to post. I also realize that this is a holiday weekend so it may not be a good time to try and round up the locals.
PM sent. Hope to see you all Saturday.
Steve
Old 08-27-2008, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Glad to hear you scarfed up some deals on your trip. Was the Jeep Fest well attended? You going again next year?
Thanks, I just hope the bumper will not take too long to get in. Sat. was a little crowded but on Sun. morning there was maybe 100 people there. I well certainly be going next year, but next time I'll be taking my Comanche and striking a deal on some wheels and tires.

Last edited by bama JK; 08-27-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:00 AM
JK Junkie

. . . if JK-Rubi gets his parts in, we might be working on his jeep in my garage this weekend (probably Saturday). So if you or anyone else on this thread wants to come by, shoot me a pm for my address. . . .
Woohoo!!! Teraflex 2.5" Coil Kit arrived yesterday (along w/ some other goodies). Now to get all the install hints from the forum organized, and printed.

And since this is my favorite thread, this is the spot for my 100th post!!

Attachment 12269

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 08-28-2008 at 05:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat