Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-09-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
I am glad you guys got together. I have wheeled with Mike over here in Arkansas before and he is a good guy... great family too. .
It's Mark dammit, you'd know that if you'd talked to me more instead of hanging around my wife.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilky
Don't worry buddy...I'm just kidding . . . sorta
Fixed your post Wes.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
It's Mark dammit, you'd know that if you'd talked to me more instead of hanging around my wife.

Hope you guys had an uneventful drive back. Again good to meet up with you Mark - be sure to keep a watch here for our rides down to Mountainside (plenty of pics here in this thread that'll give you an idea of what to expect there).

16 JKs meet up for our June ride:

Old 08-10-2010, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilky
So, I'll be the first vulture to circle in on the wounded teammate.

Anthony-
Since you've gone back to stock settings and are getting rid of the SuperChips Flashpaq...I guess you "probably" need to get your tires back as close to the "stock" 32-inch M/Ts that came on it from the factory. I mean...you don't want to get a speeding ticket because your tire diameter isn't syncing with your speedometer. I "might" know someone looking to upgrade from 32.5-inch M/Ts to some 35-inch Grapplers
Sure thing Wes. Come on over tomorrow, and we will swap the wheels and tires out. Oh, wait .......... you are still in AZ. Forget it then. Offer only good tomorrow.

Engine is going slowly. I have it just about ready to pull, but life keeps interrupting ......... I had an 3.8L take-out engine lined up from Camp @ COP 4x4, but then had AC issues at the house last weekend, so that took precendence.

I will be glad when this string of luck turns around.

But then again, we had a few friends (including a couple of waitresses from one of the local watering holes in Madison ) over Sunday for some swimming and grilling, so life isn't all bad ................... And before anyone asks: No, I don't have any pix of the ladies. Well, I do, but ...........

On another note: So, I haven't had any takers locally on the Flashpaq, so it will be going up in the For Sale Section.

Anthony
Old 08-10-2010, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Sure thing Wes. Come on over tomorrow, and we will swap the wheels and tires out. Oh, wait .......... you are still in AZ. Forget it then. Offer only good tomorrow.

Engine is going slowly. I have it just about ready to pull, but life keeps interrupting ......... I had an 3.8L take-out engine lined up from Camp @ COP 4x4, but then had AC issues at the house last weekend, so that took precendence.

But then again, we had a few friends (including a couple of waitresses from one of the local watering holes in Madison ) over Sunday for some swimming and grilling, so life isn't all bad ................... And before anyone asks: No, I don't have any pix of the ladies. Well, I do, but ...........

On another note: So, I haven't had any takers locally on the Flashpaq, so it will be going up in the For Sale Section.

Anthony
When you get ready to pull the engine out of your heep holler. I'm sick of working on mustangs for a while. I put a trans in the red car 2 weeks ago, and looking like the turbo car might have to have the engine pulled.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub

Anthony
Anthony, I missed the discussion on the Flashpak, PM sent
Old 08-10-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Trektop and element doors are on the way. Should have the top wedsday and the doors by Saturday.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep

But your wife is so much better looking than you!!!

I knew it was Mark, damnit. I dunno why I did that.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MDodson
Trektop and element doors are on the way. Should have the top wedsday and the doors by Saturday.
Sweet! Did you get the metal skins for the doors? I was thinking of doing that and painting them to match. Cheaper than OEM half doors. But I just haven't seen a set of aftermarket half-doors that I like enough to get. The rear door handle on them is always too high, IMO. Just doesn't line up with the front door handle, and the lines of the body. That could be just me, though.

Let's see some pix when you get everything installed!

Anthony
Old 08-10-2010, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes I got the black skins with them.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat