Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-08-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meet 'n Greet

Had a great time this evening meeting up with Mark (mkjeep - one of the forum senior mods).

We gathered at the Mellow Mushroom pizza place in Providence Village. Lots of talk about the forum and about our JKs. Very enjoyable conversation, and Mark turned out to be a really down to earth guy. Didn't get a chance to meet his family as they were cooling off from a day of sightseeing at the hotel pool.

After Mark had left to be with his family, a guy with an '09 2DR came up and started chatting to Dennis and I. We told him about the forum, so hopefully we'll have someone else joining us soon.

Also learned, sadly at Mark's expense, that it's probably not a bad idea to add a little anti-seize to the lugs of one's tire carrier. Even more important for those that don't rotate their spare.

Mark's rig is the Stone White Unlimited in the below pic - he's running 37" Toyo MTs.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

we should do lunch or something.....just sayin
Old 08-09-2010, 06:01 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great meeting you guys aswell. I definately wanna come back and do some wheelin with you guys.
Headed out today, you guys take care.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:23 AM
JK Junkie

Wink

Originally Posted by Wilky
Sorry you had to deal with Dennis and Gary....we have Huntsville Thread members with MUCH more class
That's what we kept saying. Also told him that after two nights in a row of meeting for chow, someone would immediately post up suggesting that we get together for a Meet 'n Greet (thanks racinfast002).

Originally Posted by Wilky
Come on back and ride with us sometime, though you're forewarned that we tend to be a little flaky on commitments and are afraid of mud.
Yup, told Mark exactly this same thing too after he regaled us with some hilarious trail adventures from Moab. I think he's in the same camp we are with respect to mud - been there, done that, still trying to clean the stuff out of the nooks and crannies of his JK.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
I second this statement
Old 08-09-2010, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Great meeting you guys aswell. I definately wanna come back and do some wheelin with you guys.
Headed out today, you guys take care.
I hate that I didn't get a chance to meet up with you guys. Maybe next time.

Anthony
Old 08-09-2010, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE and are afraid of mud.[/QUOTE]

ahhhh........I'm not afraid of MUD....Mud is good, Mud is our friend.........I think people might look funny wheeling and tip toeing around mud puddles....I'll get dirty after all elbows and spray washes will fix any mud on your rig.......not saying anyone in here smells like summer's eve....just sayin
Old 08-09-2010, 11:04 AM
JK Super Freak

I am glad you guys got together. I have wheeled with Mike over here in Arkansas before and he is a good guy... great family too. Now... the rest of you guys need to cruise on over here to Arkansas and wheel a couple of days out here in Hot Springs.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

Default Lunch

Originally Posted by Divescaves
I second this statement

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Sounds good to me. BTW, didn't mean to suggest that we shouldn't meet up, but it's always funny when just after having done so someone immediately suggests we gather for chow again.

I think it's a Huntsville thing - Mark even commented on how many restaurants we have crammed into this town. If I remember correctly, we have one of the top "restaurants per capita" ratios in the country.

We enjoy our grub . . . especially when we don't have to prepare it.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Sounds good to me. BTW, didn't mean to suggest that we shouldn't meet up, but it's always funny when just after having done so someone immediately suggests we gather for chow again.

I think it's a Huntsville thing - Mark even commented on how many restaurants we have crammed into this town. If I remember correctly, we have one of the top "restaurants per capita" ratios in the country.

We enjoy our grub . . . especially when we don't have to prepare it.

I never know when I'll get off work until I get there (incentive pay) but it is usually before eleven..... I would like to meet up with you guys for lunch sometime, I don't care where ether being the big fat bastard that I'm.......

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat