Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-03-2010, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racinfast002
I have an aimpoint on my ar...its a rather pricey red dot, but SO worth the money. I could throw it out of a 2nd story window and it would still hold zero (no joke)
Put in an Ameripack case and wouldn't be a scratch on it.
Nothing like it! Right weapon and hitting your target @ 0600 with a morning fog from 200 yards out! you see it it is yours!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by randy payne
Need 4 35 to 42in tires used, any of u redstone guy know how to get used hummr tars?
you know hummer tires on a 16.5" wheel right and they are 37's. stop by the tire shop at the motor pool and ask those guys if they have any used ones
Old 08-04-2010, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Rats, sounds like Jimmy (Sureshot from B'ham) had some really bad luck up at Windrock this past weekend and his JK is at some Stealership where a bunch of idiots have fried his ECU.

Ticks me off when I hear about Chrysler dealers that can't seem to hire or attract decent mechanics, and instead let 10 thumb troglodytes jump up and down on someone's nice rig.
Haha actually they didnt gyp me bad at all. It only ended up costing me $300 (200 parts and 100 labor). It did take them almost 3 days to get it fixed but that was cause of waiting on parts. I made it almost to bham when I heard a pop going down highway. turns out my transmission is blown now and is waiting to be looked at at another dealership here in bham. I already had it blown and repaired about 6 months ago so they should cover the work. If not, to hell with chrysler. Its amazing the terrible luck ive had with my jeep in the past 6 months...

By the way, any news on an upcoming trail ride??

Last edited by sureshotgt; 08-04-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:54 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sureshotgt
Haha actually they didnt gyp me bad at all. It only ended up costing me $300 (200 parts and 100 labor). It did take them almost 3 days to get it fixed but that was cause of waiting on parts. I made it almost to bham when I heard a pop going down highway. turns out my transmission is blown now and is waiting to be looked at at another dealership here in bham. I already had it blown and repaired about 6 months ago so they should cover the work. If not, to hell with chrysler. Its amazing the terrible luck ive had with my jeep in the past 6 months...
Wow - glad to hear you're back home. Can't believe all the hassle you've just gone through Jimmy.

By the way, any news on an upcoming trail ride??
No rest for the weary huh? That's the spirit.

No details yet. The more I think about it, I don't believe it's a good idea for any of us to be crawling our rigs with temps near the 100 degree range. Engines should be okay, but transmissions may be a different matter. I'm going to play this by ear - if we get some heat relief, may throw an impromptu ride together quick (say within a matter of two or three days).
Old 08-05-2010, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Wow - glad to hear you're back home. Can't believe all the hassle you've just gone through Jimmy.

No details yet. The more I think about it, I don't believe it's a good idea for any of us to be crawling our rigs with temps near the 100 degree range. Engines should be okay, but transmissions may be a different matter. I'm going to play this by ear - if we get some heat relief, may throw an impromptu ride together quick (say within a matter of two or three days).
I'm not worried about my 6 speed temp

And denny I cant see the picture at work, will have to look when I get home
Old 08-05-2010, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haha yea im just a little ticked I didnt get to drive up at windrock. Im still itching to get out on a trail and actually get to drive this time! As soon as my rig is up and running, ill be ready for a run.

And knowing my transmission, maybe I need a tranny cooler??
Old 08-05-2010, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

has anyone seen the guy on craigslist trying to sell a hardtop with none of the glass in it for 700 bucks
Old 08-05-2010, 03:29 PM
JK Junkie

Haha yea im just a little ticked I didnt get to drive up at windrock. Im still itching to get out on a trail and actually get to drive this time! As soon as my rig is up and running, ill be ready for a run.
Well that kinda explains why I never saw pics of your JK out on the trails Jimmy. When did your APP sensor (accelerator pedal), and crankshaft sensor conk out (I think I read the dealership killed your ECU)?

Is your transmission being repaired under warranty? I'm no expert, but I think if this keeps happening, might be time to start looking into the stipulations required to qualify for Chrysler buy-back of the vehicle under the "Lemon Law" statutes.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 08-05-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Oil pan pix

Here is a pic of what I found in my Oil Pan:

Those little specks are pieces of metal...............

Couple of more pix here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...48#post1795748

Pretty much what I expected to see. Going to take off the main caps next, to see how bad everything looks.

Anthony
Old 08-05-2010, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well that kinda explains why I never saw pics of your JK out on the trails Jimmy. When did your APP sensor (accelerator pedal), and crankshaft sensor conk out (I think I read the dealership killed your ECU)?

Is your transmission being repaired under warranty? I'm no expert, but I think if this keeps happening, might be time to start looking into the stipulations required to qualify for Chrysler buy-back of the vehicle under the "Lemon Law" statutes.
Yea it died about a mile up the mountain. It would still run, but only go 5 mph, so I was able to coast it back down the mountain in neutral. The only pic of mine was sitting in the parking lot airing down for the first ride. And yes the ECU was fried when the dealership had it.

And they said that it will be replaced under warranty. I just hope they don't try to say it was something they didn't mess with the first time. And I don't think the Lemon Laws will apply to this quite yet. It has to consistently be the same problem I think.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat