Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-02-2010, 05:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDodson
Anyone interested in a hard top and a set of blue doors from a 07 JK 4dr . Wanting to go with soft doors and top.
Hey, welcome back Monty - I thought we had lost ya.

The Bestop soft doors can be something of a nuisance. See:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-doors-sucking

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-doors-of-crap
Old 08-02-2010, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
What are you going to do with the burgundy 'stang?
I'm keeping that car for a while. I love my fox bodies. I'm planning on making the new foxbody my daily driver. Its going to be nice to have something that gets over 17-18 MPG

Last edited by racinfast002; 08-02-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wilky
Is it a factory SVO 4 banger?? I ask b/c it doesn't have the Euro rear window valance. If you happened to find an SVO, good for you...they're rare.
It is NOT a SVO car, it is however a factory turbo GT

Last edited by racinfast002; 08-02-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by randy payne
If u ever run up on a good coupe body I may be interested, I miss my little pony
You'll have to fight me tooth and nail for it. I want a coupe to swap all my red car's drivetrain into
Old 08-02-2010, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wilky

Plus the obligatory "Rubicon" pic

Great view, wiush we had a place like that here.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, it look as though I am getting ZERO assistance from JEEP on my engine.

Talked to CSM at JEEP on the phone for an hour this morning, after talking to them last Friday for about an hour on the phone.
Didn't really expect much from them, since I am @ 45k on the odometer, but they offered NO help whatsoever.

Really soured me on the whole new JEEP thing. If they just would have offered anything, even a couple of bucks toward the rebuild, I would have been happy. Hell, give me a few MOPAR bucks for my troubles, and I would have been on my way.
But to pretty much tell me that I was screwed, and to even interrupt me while I was explaining the whole situation and tell me "Ok, now I am going to talk for a minute" (that one nearly sent me through the phone), just goes to show that Customer Service is not in JEEP's vocabulary. But we all already knew that.

Not sure what path I am going down next. Might just take the HEEP out to a field and shoot it.

**rant off**

Anthony
Old 08-02-2010, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub

Talked to CSM at JEEP on the phone for an hour this morning, after talking to them last Friday for about an hour on the phone.
Didn't really expect much from them, since I am @ 45k on the odometer, but they offered NO help whatsoever.

Really soured me on the whole new JEEP thing. If they just would have offered anything, even a couple of bucks toward the rebuild, I would have been happy. Hell, give me a few MOPAR bucks for my troubles, and I would have been on my way.
But to pretty much tell me that I was screwed, and to even interrupt me while I was explaining the whole situation and tell me "Ok, now I am going to talk for a minute" (that one nearly sent me through the phone), just goes to show that Customer Service is not in JEEP's vocabulary. But we all already knew that.

Not sure what path I am going down next. Might just take the HEEP out to a field and shoot it.

**rant off**

Anthony
If you want, when we get done replacing the engine, we can make a sign that says "This Wrangler engine blew up with 45k on it, and Jeep did nothing to help me replace it". It seems like your jeep parked out front of the dealership with that in the back of it may be bad for business no?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

I think Chrysler underestimates the cost of bad customer service, especially for a market as driven by rabid enthusiasts like the Wrangler market. The cost to them to fix the motor is low when they cement a place for their products in the mind of an enthusiast. These auto companies have really lost contact with their market base.

I hope things start looking up for you Anthony!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub

**rant off**

Anthony
What's your address? I'll come pick it up about 2:00am Friday night for a good joy/tow ride around a sharp turn. Hopefully I want hit a tree or flip it.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Welcome to AL. How long are you going to be at Rucker?
I'll be at Rucker for two years. PM me for trail company any time! I'm always looking for new trails

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat