Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-29-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if Wilbur will grace us with his presence.
I think Dennis and some others are going to Gulches on the 9th but thats just to far to drive on a sunday for me. I think it was about 4 or 5 hours for me last time I went. We all need to go sometime when it gets a little cooler and it would have to be on a saturday for me.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anybody on here flash my speedometer it's 5 mph off cuz of my 34.5's ........Brad Travis just said take your doors off on rain for two days I don't know if you guys noticed the state troopers got new motorcycles and they are trying real hard to pay for them thats why I'm asking about the flash............So watch out for them I counted six between New Hope and the hospital on 431 today and I saw two on Wall Triana north of university this morning

Last edited by Divescaves; 07-29-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepoholic
What does everyone think about either Aug 8 or 15?
I'm out - those are both Sundays right? Saturdays are better for me.

I wonder if Wilbur will grace us with his presence.
Wilbur said everyone should buy their own presents - which, for those that have read the Huntsville thread over the last month or so will have noted, is exactly what our folks are doing.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Divescaves
I don't know if you guys noticed the state troopers got new motorcycles and they are trying real hard to pay for them thats why I'm asking about the flash............So watch out for them I counted six between New Hope and the hospital on 431 today and I saw two on Wall Triana north of university this morning.
Thanks for the heads-up Ed.

Originally Posted by Divescaves
Can anybody on here flash my speedometer it's 5 mph off cuz of my 34.5's .......
My re-programmer is "locked" to my Jeep VIN, so I'd have to de-program before I'd be able to flash Scooter . . . however, then my re-programmer would be locked to Scooter and Wilbur would be out in the cold with State Troopers threatening around every corner.

Very difficult to find a re-programmer that doesn't lock to a VIN anymore (manufacturers got smart in that respect).

The dealership has the capability to re-flash, but I'm uncertain as to how high they can size a tire. Maybe you could get that done under warranty if when you purchased Scooter, he was already sporting the larger tires.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
I'm out - those are both Sundays right? Saturdays are better for me. :

I was thinking that the 8th and the 15th were on Sat . Sorry guys I could make it on the 7th or 14th. Its hard for me on Sundays also. Thanks for bringing it to my attention JK-Rubi (what is your real name ?).
I only gradumacated frum da sexth grid!!!!!!!!! I didn't learn how to read a calendar.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Has anyone ever wheeled at Morris Mountain or Grey Rock ?

Last edited by jeepoholic; 07-29-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Has anyone ever wheeled at Morris Mountain or Grey Rock ?
I've been to Morris Mtn 4 times over the past year. I like the park, not as big as Mountainside but has all levels of trails.

Check out these pictures.

http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/q...20June%202009/
Old 07-29-2010, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey if yall dont mind i'd like to join in on yalls next ride. I'll be moved in to Tuscaloosa by the 8th but i'm game for anywhere within about a hour of bham.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sureshotgt
Hey if yall dont mind i'd like to join in on yalls next ride. I'll be moved in to Tuscaloosa by the 8th but i'm game for anywhere within about a hour of bham.
Not a problem - just stay tuned here for developing ride info. Have fun at Windrock (hope it's not too wet from the recent rains)!!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Junkie

Default "Dusty" Lonesome

Originally Posted by Wilky
Why don't you guys try "Dusty" Lonesome

I'm sure it won't be crowded (whatever day you go) and there are TONS of trails out there (just not for Jeeps).
What a helpful suggestion!! And you don't even have to buy a map as there are these great little map stations all along the trail posted with all sorts of detailed information. Great place, especially for a brand new JK - enjoy the ride with your top down, or better yet pull both the top and your doors off so you can really enjoy the Lonesome outdoor experience.

And the best part - your fee covers the admission costs to an exciting movie about off-road safety. You'll be spellbound as you watch amazing wildlife scenes all while sitting comfortably in their auditorium enjoying your own personal private viewing.

We'll wait till you get back Wes - then it's off to this fantastic off-road mecca once again.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat