Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-25-2010, 02:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepoholic
No he is talking about the jk sticker with a silhouette of a single wide trailer in the back ground.:rotflmao2 :
lmao, that's a good one.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepoholic
No he is talking about the jk sticker with a silhouette of a single wide trailer in the back ground.:rotflmao2 :
Thats just wrong in so many ways.....ehheheheheh
Old 07-25-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

Anthony, I hate to hear that your jk ate its engine. If you need a hand pulling/replacing/rebuilding it, holler at me. I'd be glad to help you out. 45k is what I have read when a bunch of them eat a bearing. Check the number 1 rod bearing
Old 07-26-2010, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Anthony, I hate to hear that your jk ate its engine. If you need a hand pulling/replacing/rebuilding it, holler at me. I'd be glad to help you out. 45k is what I have read when a bunch of them eat a bearing. Check the number 1 rod bearing
Looked it over yesterday. From what I can tell, I am leaning towards a spun bearing. Didn't drop the oil pan yet, I plan on doing that this evening. Pulling a plug wire at a time had no effect on the noise. It sounds louder if I listen down below the engine. Could still be a rod, who knows till I drop the pan ...............

Going to look into picking up a set of main bearings, hopefully it didn't chew up the crank or any of the journals. Might also look at some of the conversion shops to see if I can pick up a low mileage take-out 3.8L. I really hate to throw money into another one of these crappy mini-van motors, but the funds just aren't there for the Hemi swap. 20k for a turnkey swap ...................

Not loving the Jeep right now ...................

BTW: Steve, your killing me. Saw Recon yesterday morning, and again this morning. Seeing your Jeep, and not being in mine, is like torture!

Anthony
Old 07-26-2010, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Looked it over yesterday. From what I can tell, I am leaning towards a spun bearing. Didn't drop the oil pan yet, I plan on doing that this evening. Pulling a plug wire at a time had no effect on the noise. It sounds louder if I listen down below the engine. Could still be a rod, who knows till I drop the pan ...............

Going to look into picking up a set of main bearings, hopefully it didn't chew up the crank or any of the journals. Might also look at some of the conversion shops to see if I can pick up a low mileage take-out 3.8L. I really hate to throw money into another one of these crappy mini-van motors, but the funds just aren't there for the Hemi swap. 20k for a turnkey swap ...................

Not loving the Jeep right now ...................

BTW: Steve, your killing me. Saw Recon yesterday morning, and again this morning. Seeing your Jeep, and not being in mine, is like torture!

Anthony
Don't know if they make oversized rod/main bearings yet for these motors. If so you can probably get the crank turned. You definately want to go get it polished no matter what.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub

Anthony
Im just glad to finally get her out on the road. Hope everything turns out ok with yours.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Swaybar disconnected..........Three tires on the ground.......Thinking I could go a little higher.............
Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll have to pass on that rock Randy........Maybe a Pool or Harley
Old 07-26-2010, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well good thing top and doors are on cuz it's raining cats and dogs out there ............Sorry for whoever's JK Unlimited dark green with The South and JK stickers on it ......I saw it in the back of the Dealeship.......hope it's not to sick I forgot the TopLine Tires managers name looks like he's a 4 door man today...
Old 07-26-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Divescaves
Well good thing top and doors are on cuz it's raining cats and dogs out there ............Sorry for whoever's JK Unlimited dark green with The South and JK stickers on it ......I saw it in the back of the Dealeship.......hope it's not to sick I forgot the TopLine Tires managers name looks like he's a 4 door man today...
Raining like crazy here in madison also. Recon is at NTB getting an alignment. Hopefully she's inside the shop already.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat