Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-22-2010, 04:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Wow, so that makes four locals with the Trail Master kit now. If you follow the trend, it looks like some MTR/Kevlars are next on your list.
Haha I just want to be like all of you guys.

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I would hold off on the perches for now. With the longer wheelbase, the rear axle won't have to be tilted back as much to get the pinion in line(or slightly below) with the drive shaft. The Trail Master perches require the factory coil perches to be cut off and then the TM perches get welded on at the correct angle. If you think the rear springs are still bowed too much after everything is dialed in, you can always buy some Rock Krawler wedges to get the bow out if you don't want to do any cutting and welding on your axle.
Good to know - sometimes it's hard to tell the instructions from the sales pitch after reading the installs.

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
I didn't know Dennis was a figure skater.

axel (n.) - A jump in figure skating that is initiated from the outer forward edge of one skate, followed by one and one-half midair turns and a return to the outer backward edge of the other skate.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:49 AM
JK Junkie

Default Windrock

Originally Posted by jeepoholic
Is there thread about the ride? I'll ask around to see if anyone is interested.
Is it as good as Mountainside?
See ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ly-31-August-1
Old 07-22-2010, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

I'm picking up Taylor's old Procomp 7005's tomorrow Now just need some 35" rubber to mount on them
Old 07-22-2010, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
I'm picking up Taylor's old Procomp 7005's tomorrow Now just need some 35" rubber to mount on them
What size wheels are they?

Anthony
Old 07-22-2010, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Close, but I italicized they're in my post.

"No, they're drive shafts will fly apart destroying the drivetrain in the process."
I know. I was just busting your chops.

A lame attempt at humor, but it was early in the morning for me, so ..................

Anthony
Old 07-22-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
What size wheels are they?

Anthony
17's....don't know the width yet. I don't know if they are the 17x8's or the 17x9's
Old 07-22-2010, 07:45 AM
JK Super Freak

I didn't know Dennis was a figure skater.

axel (n.) - A jump in figure skating that is initiated from the outer forward edge of one skate, followed by one and one-half midair turns and a return to the outer backward edge of the other skate.
Today must be check everyone's spelling day.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Default Free Hats

Hey Folks,

I know that we've got a bunch of trail master kit owners that respond to this thread, and I want to make certain that they get hats if they want them (I've got a limited supply). So I'm posting a thread that I've also posted on the Manufactures Forum.

Yates

Originally Posted by yhudson
So far this summer we've sold 329 trail master suspension kits (I'm told that a gentleman in Alabama maybe our 330rd kit... who I know is on this forum). I know there has to be at least 100 owners of trail master kits on this forum, so I've purchased 144 hats to give to this forum's user group. These are very high quality Flexfit hats. I can only give each person 1 hat.

If you've purchased a trail master suspension kit or leveling kit and want a free trail master hat, please PM me your address -- color preference (Forest Camo, Desert Camo, or Loden) -- size preference (S/M or L/XL). I'm limited to 144 hats so this offer is, well, limited.

There is a tag line on the back of these hats, "Straps are for the bedroom Not the trail". If you find this offensive don't ask for a hat. One of my marketing gals asked that I mention this.

Below are photos of these hats.

This next hat is actually Loden. This hat should look more green than tan.

Hope to get all the JK-Forum members that own trail master kits pimped out with great hats.

Yates
Old 07-22-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Freak

Hey Folks,

I know that we've got a bunch of trail master kit owners that respond to this thread, and I want to make certain that they get hats if they want them (I've got a limited supply). So I'm posting a thread that I've also posted on the Manufactures Forum.

Yates
I don't have a trailmaster kit, but I love the tag line on the back of the hats
Old 07-22-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey Folks,

Yates
Yates
Thank you very much for bringing the free offer to our attention. PM sent.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat