Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 11-12-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by In5ane
You take 72 past Gurley, then take a left on 65. you will take 65 North until you come to County Rd. 175. Take a right on 175 and take it all the way to TN. You will see Estill Fork Rd....or something like that and the blacktop will end. Then you can ride all kinds of trails all the way to skyline. Look it up on Google maps and you will see what area I am talking about.
And let me know how following these directions turns out. Make sure to bring overnight gear, plus food and water for several days.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MDodson
I would like to ride this Sunday also. I have had my JK for 4months and have not trail rated it yet.
Well don't feel too bad. It took me nearly 8 months to take mine off road and look what happened when I did.
I still have red dirt falling out from under my jeep and it's been nearly a year since I did this.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Well don't feel too bad. It took me nearly 8 months to take mine off road and look what happened when I did.
I still have red dirt falling out from under my jeep and it's been nearly a year since I did this.

i saw your jeep drive by my dealership this morning....clean as a whistle,
Old 11-13-2008, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

I have family out in Huntsville! I love that place..so laid back, every one is a lot nicer too.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Who's rig is this, it's nice. Havent seen it around.
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2...hetrailhu3.jpg

What's status for Sunday?
Old 11-14-2008, 05:13 AM
JK Junkie

That belongs to 07JKX (Woodstock, GA). He was in the group that went to Tellico last weekend. There was only one "rig" from the Huntsville area on that Tellico ride - most of the others were from GA.

Sunday morning: When I'm in town, I'm unavailable for Sunday AM rides. Hope ya'll have a good one though.

Originally Posted by Red08JK
Who's rig is this, it's nice. Havent seen it around.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Red08JK

i've decided to just bring my daughter with me.....so i'm just waiting for suggestions on where to go.......steve?? where you at buddy..your going...if I have to winch you out of the house.....your going.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey, I am in Huntsville for the entire month of November. Is there a ride this coming Sunday? Anyway, hit me up with a PM if yah want to wheel... the two places I mentioned before are out towards Hazel Green and Meridianville (sp?).
Old 11-14-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tboginski
i've decided to just bring my daughter with me.....so i'm just waiting for suggestions on where to go.......steve?? where you at buddy..your going...if I have to winch you out of the house.....your going.
Yeah Im here and ready. Back from Capitol Hill, what a joke.
Anyways, Sunday am sounds good. What time is good for everyone? We can meet at the dealership?

Groundrat wants to go as well. He mentioned two places out by Hazelgreen and Meridianville.

How bout Denny, Insane, bamajk and others?

Where in the heck do these directions take you? Is it recommended by anyone that has been there?:
You take 72 past Gurley, then take a left on 65. you will take 65 North until you come to County Rd. 175. Take a right on 175 and take it all the way to TN. You will see Estill Fork Rd....or something like that and the blacktop will end. Then you can ride all kinds of trails all the way to skyline. Look it up on Google maps and you will see what area I am talking about.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

I would be up for meridianville/hazel green...My jeep is still stock, would this be an issue on these trails?

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat