Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-18-2010, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Tony, here's the sign we were talking about at lunch the other day. Those last few words are, ". . . you will get shot!"

That's funny as hell!
Old 07-19-2010, 04:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, did you have any interference issues with your Trail Master drive shafts? Reason I ask is some folks have had issues with Coast and the 6-speed shifter cable bracket (since you sport a 1" BL, probably wouldn't have seen an issue even if interference was possilbe).

See ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...l=1#post706548

Also:
Not to date I havent. But then again, shes pretty much been sitting in the garage until I can finish installing the front fenders. Wont get to it this week either as I flew up to St Louis yesterday afternoon for the week for work.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Divescaves
One service person lost thier job Friday and they are getting two more new people next week, maybe it was your service person that lost the job you should ask for Victor he's the service manager I'm sure he will clear it up for ya..........anyway I took my hinges off and on mine the factory did not paint under any of the hinges it looks like they bolt them on then paint them.. There was a little rust under mine and like i said no paint...........
I have never received a call from McLanders when a part came in I ordered. I learned after I bought it to just go in after a couple of days and pick up the part. Picked up a license plate plug the other day. Have never had them do any work on the Jeep so cant comment on the service dept. Once Travis left McLanders, everything went to shit.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
I have never received a call from McLanders when a part came in I ordered. I learned after I bought it to just go in after a couple of days and pick up the part. Picked up a license plate plug the other day. Have never had them do any work on the Jeep so cant comment on the service dept. Once Travis left McLanders, everything went to shit.
When I ordered the plate delete plugs, they called to tell me they came in. Even though it was 3 days after they said they would come in. But I was not in a big rush, so that was no problem. Not sure who it was I spoke to when I went there, or who it was that called me.

Only experiance I have so far with the dealership here. But, I did get the auto transmision overheat TSB in the mail the other day, so I may have to head on down there soon.

Anthony
Old 07-19-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by randy payne
Pics from sunday

I have never thought of using the bumper as a clothes hanger .................. Cool pix

Anthony
Old 07-19-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Junkie

Default Weak Axle Housings?

Heads up guys!! Not sure if we fall in the wheeling hard/rough category, but probably something to heed.

Originally Posted by wayoflife
In spite of all that I have said in the past regarding factory front axle housings and that there is no need to sleeve them, I'm here to formerly state that I WAS WRONG and if you wheel your Jeep hard, I would highly recommend that you get a set installed. If you cannot afford to have a set of sleeves installed, be sure to check your front axle housing on a regular basis near to where your passenger side control arms are mounted as that is where ALL the breaks have been occuring. Please note that these breaks have been happening on both Dana 44 and Dana 30 housings and REGARDLESS of what tire size you run including stock. While there are tens of thousands of JK's out there and to the best of my knowledge, only about a dozen breaks that have been recorded, I can now say that I have personally witnessed 2 of them happen to the same guy over the last 3 years and have even seen 2 breaks happen on one run. Clearly, time and experience has proven that the factory JK front axle housings either have a design flaw or are made out of cheap brittle steel. Here are a couple of pics of what the axle housing breaks look like...

Again, please take the time to carefully inspect your front axle housing on a regular basis and, if you wheel your Jeep hard, do yourself a favor and have a set of sleeves like the kind that Off Road Evolution makes installed as soon as you can afford it. Heck, if you can afford it, I would recommend that you just upgrade to a ProRock 44. If you have a Rubicon, all you need is the housing as everything else from your factory axle can be swapped into it.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Junkie

Interesting view of the EVO Lever system. All the other pics I've seen were when the JK was up on a rack.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by randy payne
I met a guy with a warmed up ls1 in a tj at hale mtn ohv, that thing is nasty, wish my little jk had 1
An LS1 in a TJ, dang!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Heads up guys!! Not sure if we fall in the wheeling hard/rough category, but probably something to heed.
I dont know, that's got to be some rough wheelin to break it like that. I dont even think I wheel that hard. Regardless though, I do want to strengthen mine.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, that kind of axle breakage is scary!

Maybe sleeves and gussets should move up my list of "needs". Don't plan on going crazy on the trails , but I think it is good insurance anyway.

Man, the wish list of mods just keeps growing ................

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat