Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-15-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firehouse Sub Meet-up

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Denny, Tony, and myself were in our Jeeps.

Anthony
Brandon wanted to drive his JK there, but I talked him into riding inconspicuously with me in my mighty Camry.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Brandon wanted to drive his JK there, but I talked him into riding inconspicuously with me in my mighty Camry.
Gaaaaaaay............
Old 07-15-2010, 07:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Gaaaaaaay............
I totally agree (you were referring to your 'stang right)!!

On another note, did you ever sell your YJ to raise that $700 for your GF?
Old 07-16-2010, 05:59 AM
JK Freak

I totally agree (you were referring to your 'stang right)!!

On another note, did you ever sell your YJ to raise that $700 for your GF?
I actually sold some other stuff. We have been busy as hell. She is in the process of moving up here and getting her own place. Right now she is staying with me, but i think my roommate is about tired of it. He is super picky/particular which is fine normally, but is kinda a pita when your trying to get your girl moved.

Oh and it sounds like we need to line up the camry and the mustang for a good old fashion drag race
Old 07-16-2010, 06:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wilky
Seems like I learn something new about the JK everyday.......

So, about a week prior to my drive out to Arizona I noticed that my keyless entry was acting goofy. Sometimes only unlocking the drivers side (even with multiple pushes of the unlock button on the keyfob), which I chalked up to a drained battery in the keyfob. During the trip, I had trouble with the "interior" unlock buttons locking/unlocking. This is where I was scratching my head. After a week of Rubi sitting in a parking lot, I went to turn the key and she slowly started (drained battery). I decided it was then time to head to get a new battery. However, (and this is where I start my assumptions) the CANBUS system (this parts too cool) removes the ability of auxilary power sources to pull from the battery and thus preventing the vehicle from running. On the way to the local auto parts store, I had zero power windows, locks, wipers, etc....and the electronic fuel delivery system was only running about 1/4 throttle. I did pull over and use the Flashpaq to check the Code (battery) and clear the Code so that I could at least roll the windows down. Once I had a new battery installed, everything returned to normal and even the keyfob unlocks on first push (which I attribute more to the JK recieving the signal vs. the keyfob transmitting). Pretty cool that the CANBUS can 'smartly' redistribute in order to keep you going, huh?
Interesting, man. I had some weird electrical issues too a few months back while in Huntsville. It started with the keyfob, then radio, etc. Mine turned out to be the IOD (Ignition Off Draw) Fuse. Here is my thread with pics on the subject: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...age-(Resolved). Glad you got it back up and running.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Damn Rain

I guess the rain is good for something, I put the doors on and went in my favorite mud hole close to the house, around 53 and Douglass it has a little water crossing going in up to the doors today......about the time your in the crossing your coming out but lots of mud beyond that.......I going to miss Cooter tonite he has to get his oil changed and A/C looked at............. : (

Rain makes corn......Corn makes whiskey........Whiskey makes my baby a little frisky
Old 07-16-2010, 03:13 PM
JK Junkie

I actually sold some other stuff. We have been busy as hell. She is in the process of moving up here and getting her own place. Right now she is staying with me, but i think my roommate is about tired of it. He is super picky/particular which is fine normally, but is kinda a pita when your trying to get your girl moved.
I thought she was already here and you had met her in school. No need to discuss details here - will catch up next time we're at lunch or wheeling.

Oh and it sounds like we need to line up the camry and the mustang for a good old fashion drag race
I'll let you have your day, after you follow Wilbur through a rock garden of my choice with Saharacon.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Junkie

Default Fight, fight, fight.

Originally Posted by randy payne
Sounds like a drag race / rock crawln comp coming up
Okay now, don't start egging us on.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

I thought she was already here and you had met her in school. No need to discuss details here - will catch up next time we're at lunch or wheeling.

I'll let you have your day, after you follow Wilbur through a rock garden of my choice with Saharacon.
let me get one of those fancy oil pans and I'm down for it. I'm getting wheels for it next week and some point tires. May be a long time on the tires though
Old 07-17-2010, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Car show today at Dodge Dealer in Huntsville

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat