Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-13-2010, 08:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Huntsville, Al...

I've been busy, and missed the drama lama? Damn. This trailer I bought is takin up to much of my time. Got the lights switched from 24v to 12v and fabbed a harness with a 4 pin connector. Put new safety chains on that reach the LoD safetychain mounts. Greased everything on it to include the wheel bearings. Need to paint the front of the trailer since there used to be unit markings on there and the GL guys spray painted it green to cover it up in a few small spots. Anyone have access to desert CARC paint? Lol. I need some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2010, 08:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by highoctane
I've been busy, and missed the drama lama? Damn. This trailer I bought is takin up to much of my time. Got the lights switched from 24v to 12v and fabbed a harness with a 4 pin connector. Put new safety chains on that reach the LoD safetychain mounts. Greased everything on it to include the wheel bearings. Anyone have access to desert CARC paint? Lol. I need some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude... next time I am in town, I wanna check this trailer out.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
I became a mod on 04-18-2010 at 11:28 PM CST.
Well then: Congrats! I guess ............ I dunno if I would want to have (or could be trusted with) that kind of responsibility!

Anthony
Old 07-14-2010, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by randy payne
Can't type on this bb. Oooops
Damn Randy, you have been a posting fool! You get a new phone with interweb access or something?

Did you get a chance to install that hitch yet? I don't think you should have any issues with it, but just wanted to make sure.

Anybody here installed a ORO Plate / Tail Light? I mounted mine up last night, but didn't get a chance to wire it up yet. After I unplugged the OEM mount and light, I now have the "fast blink" for my driver's side blinker, and the driver's side rear blinker isn't lighting up. Worked fine before I unplugged the OEM plate light.
Looking at the Write Ups on here, looks like everyone else just wired their's up to the passenger side tail light wiring.
Maybe with the CANBUS system, it is having an issue with the plate light not being plugged in. Or, maybe I just blew out the element on my blinker bulb at exactly the same time I was messing with the plate light

I am going to investigate more this afternoon after work. Maybe it is just the blinker bulb, and I won't have to run a wire all the way over to the stock plate wiring.

Anthony
Old 07-14-2010, 07:58 AM
JK Freak

Just been killn little time up n here, any of u guys AR15 nuts?
yup...i have a s&w m&p15 with all the goodies on it.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Regearing

Found a great thread on regearing:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...xle-Gear-Swaps

I have drawn the conclusion that it is a lot harder than i originally thought. Was teetering on doing it myself but am now having second thoughts. Would have to by the measuring tools as well listed in the thread.

What i need to do is compile a price list on what it would take to regear and beef up the axels vs new axels all together. The labor alone quote my neighbor got from Rocket City to regear his TJ front and rear was over $600. Then again, new axels are not cheap.

I did reprogram Recon after installing the 37s and she runs a heck of a lot better but 5th-6th gears are very sluggish.

I am still abel to get her in the garage, which is a surprise. But went ahead and put the top back on due to all the rain recently. Am finally getting her cleaned up since my return. Guess my son had quite a bit of fun while I was gone last year as everytime i work on it, dirt falls out from some place new.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

BTW, I continue with installing the Poison Spyder front fenders. I have come to hate the nut fasteners that come with the kit. Sames ones the Xenons use. The holes on the fenders and brackets do not match up perfectly with the fender so it is taking longer than planned. I took a break last night and watched a movie, couldnt deal with it.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Just been killn little time up n here, any of u guys AR15 nuts?
If I told you that I could break it down and re-assemble one blind-folded, would that answer your question?

I bet you I am not as fast as Wilky or RedRecon, though!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Found a great thread on regearing:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...xle-Gear-Swaps

I have drawn the conclusion that it is a lot harder than i originally thought. Was teetering on doing it myself but am now having second thoughts. Would have to by the measuring tools as well listed in the thread.

What i need to do is compile a price list on what it would take to regear and beef up the axels vs new axels all together. The labor alone quote my neighbor got from Rocket City to regear his TJ front and rear was over $600. Then again, new axels are not cheap.
Steve, I tend to be in agreement with you on this one. Maybe you could get a local mechanic to do it cheaper? New Axels and maybe Dana 60's and all is gonna be expensive... but so worth it!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the tools for your regear if u need them
Thanks Randy, I apprecaite that. I am stil pondering the idea.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat