Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-13-2010, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 07-13-2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: removed off topic discussion remarks
Old 07-13-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Super Freak

I view this thread kinda like my home. So like Wilky said, if you have a beef, take it elsewhere. I appreciate having a few more brothas to add to the family but let’s all just keep the drama to a minimum. I am going to delete the off topic rants and move on. Thanks.

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 07-13-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Divescaves
Justin, That Black Jeep in the pictures you posted is that a stock bumper with the bumper cover off ? if so mine is coming off

Ed
It is... with the crush cans removed, ends trimmed, and the fog light "holders" cut out of the plastic bumper. The metal is flimsy compared to an aftermarket bumper... but it's light, free, and I think it looks better than stock.

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
I wonder what is up with the double mirror? Obviously for doors-off driving, but why bother leaving the one on the door?

Anthony
With the doors on the factory mirror works a ton better than the aftermarket one IMHO. Plus I don't like the looks of the plug when the factory mirror is removed. In the winter I take the aftermarket on off... in the summer I don't bother switching as the doors come on/off constantly. Doesn't look the greatest with them both on no doubt, but it doesn't bother me .
Old 07-13-2010, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
I view this thread kinda like my home. So like Wilky said, if you have a beef, take it elsewhere. I appreciate having a few more brothas to add to the family but let’s all just keep the drama to a minimum. I am going to delete the off topic rants and move on. Thanks.
Right on ..........

Wait, when did you become a Mod? Or have I just never noticed before (entirely possible)?

Any-hoooo ............... Anybody up for a lunch meet & greet Thursday? I need to disperse some JK parts to Justin, Tony, and Brandon. How bout Firehouse Subs, behind IHOP on University, say around 11? Feel free to name another place-time-day-whatever, if this doesn't work for anyone.

Anthony
Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dneal

With the doors on the factory mirror works a ton better than the aftermarket one IMHO. Plus I don't like the looks of the plug when the factory mirror is removed. In the winter I take the aftermarket on off... in the summer I don't bother switching as the doors come on/off constantly. Doesn't look the greatest with them both on no doubt, but it doesn't bother me .
That's cool. I was just curious. I am running the RR brackets on the driver's side. Works great, but like you said, you gotta put up with the delete plate on your door. I have been thinking of spraying my plate something close to Steel Blue to try to get it to blend in a little.

PS ........ Jeep looks sweet with the 37's. Nicely done.

Anthony
Old 07-13-2010, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Donny for the info and thanks to all for a warm welcome..........Ed
Old 07-13-2010, 03:22 PM
JK Junkie

Default Donny's Black Rubicon

Originally Posted by randy payne
how much lift is on that jk ?
The same as what I posted this morning upstream - unless of course, Donny replaced it today with something else.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Ha! Still the same lift LOL.

The Jeep on the left has a 2" lift and 32s. One on the right has a 4" lift and 37s.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dneal
Ha! Still the same lift LOL.

The Jeep on the left has a 2" lift and 32s. One on the right has a 4" lift and 37s.
Yours is the better answer Donny - I figured Randy was asking about the Black Rubi, but he may very well have been referring to Justin's mighty RedRock Saharacon (which almost looks like Sunburst Orange in the above pics).
Old 07-13-2010, 08:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Right on ..........
Wait, when did you become a Mod? Or have I just never noticed before (entirely possible)?
I became a mod on 04-18-2010 at 11:28 PM CST.

Originally Posted by randy payne
Why did I get deleted, I was just explaning my previous post ,wasn't me that went postal
Just battin' clean-up here, man. I deleted nearly everything related to that conversation.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat