Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-06-2010, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lunch / After Work Meet & Greet

First off: Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!

Justin / Tony (and anyone else interested in meeting for lunch-adult beverages one day this week),
I have the plate delete plugs in the Jeep, so whenever you guys want to meet up and get them I am ready. I usually take lunch everyday @ 11, and get off work @ 4. But those times are fairly flexible. Anywhere in the Madison / East HSV area works for me.

Brandon,
I should have everything I need to relocate my plate by this weekend. You can have my OEM plate holder as soon as I get my new setup installed.

Anthony
Old 07-06-2010, 06:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Anyone considered these (Steve)? I've heard their release is imminent . . . just a few more weeks now.

NO, didnt realize they were working on them. I went with the Poison Spyder
Old 07-06-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub

Justin / Tony (and anyone else interested in meeting for lunch-adult beverages one day this week),
I have the plate delete plugs in the Jeep, so whenever you guys want to meet up and get them I am ready. I usually take lunch everyday @ 11, and get off work @ 4. But those times are fairly flexible. Anywhere in the Madison / East HSV area works for me.

Brandon,
I should have everything I need to relocate my plate by this weekend. You can have my OEM plate holder as soon as I get my new setup installed.

Anthony
I'm good with whenever/where ever. Maybe we should do a JK lunch this week?
Old 07-06-2010, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wolfstlkr
Have any of yall had issues getting through the gate or driving on redstone doorless?
I know they have been pretty strict with the rules on motorcycles in the past. I wonder if they will require me to wear a orange vest with reflective tape.

Thanks
Brian

2010 JKU Sahara
Deep Water Blue
Stock
Nope, no problems at all. And the absence of mirrors shouldn't be a problem either. I had a chat with a police officer recently who told me the law in 'Bama is you only need one mirror that can see clearly 200 feet back - and your rear view mirror counts as that one mirror.

As for Redstone... Anyone accidentally hit some of the trails on base?

Last edited by Defender39; 07-06-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:01 PM
JK Super Freak

I am down for some lunch... Can you guys meet me here in Little Rock? Say... Flying Saucer?
Old 07-06-2010, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Selling my hard top - maybe...

Just wanted to put out some feelers to see if anyone in the local area is interested in buying a hard top from a 2008 2-door. I haven't decided if I'm going to part with it or not, but thought I'd check the demand first!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub

Brandon,

Anthony

I'm free anytime pretty much. Just let me know when.

My Offroad Evolution Rockstar skids came in today. Anyone have a sawz-all that wants to help or let me borrow to install them? I def hope to have them on before the next trip to Mountainside(17th?). I borrowed a angle grinder from Denny and still need to pull my diff covers and grind them for clearance for the e-lockers to properly disengage so I can use my front locker and tackle some harder trails we saw last time at Mountainside. Rear Crown 6" brake lines should be here tomorrow.

Got my rear brakes replaced today as well. Developed a loud, annoying squeek from the left rear tire on Sunday. Pluuled the wheel and rotor off today and the inner pad is worn down proabaly 40% more than the outer, but both were low, with only 30k miles. ANyway autozone duralast gold pads, lifetime warranty, $44. Plus my parking brake is tight again sinec I adjusted the pads while the rotor was off.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wilky
Dude...I'm totally down for some Saucer in the Rivermarket...but I'm in Sierra Vista, AZ for the next 7 weeks.
Have fun - I hear there are some great trails out there.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Finally got the lift installed. Did it all by myself and took 3 days. Luckily I had two floor jacks to move the axels around. Hopefully tires will come in this week so I can get this thing closer to reality.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilky
Dude...I'm totally down for some Saucer in the Rivermarket...but I'm in Sierra Vista, AZ for the next 7 weeks.
mmmmmmmm Flying Saucer. I have only been to the one in Memphis, near Beale St. Good Times!!

Say ............ Memphis is pretty much half way between here and Little Rock, aint it?

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat