Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 06-30-2010, 09:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I saw that. I also saw this:

If the MyGig looses power at anytime during the install you can forget about the MyGig ever working again!

Then VERY IMPORTANT read the following instructions before you attempt to install. Failure to read could turn you pretty MyGig into a useless brick!

That's enough for me to think twice before updating.

I've never had any issues with updating my MyGig. Just start the Jeep up, insert the cd and it'll go smooth. ANy issues with the disc should be known immediatley. I had a bad disc once and the MyGig wouldn't even start the update. Corrupt file message, and ejected the disc on me. I have a 2.045 disc that I burned and updated mine with that you could use to update yours. After looking on the mofv/mygig forum it looks like 2.045 is newer than 2.101. I know that would seem wrong but Harmon Becker did it with 2.067, which is older than 2.045 as well, but has a fix for GPS time. Weird. I just know the dates on the files in 2.045 are newer and more recent that 2.101.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by randy payne
What is a mygig? Hear peps on here talkn bout em but don't have a clue. I'm a hillbilly from tn u know
I was thinking the same thing as I was reading down through the posts. Glad someone else asked first. I am assuming it has all the gee wiz stuff on it like storage of media, nav etc??? My "X" didnt come with all of that.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Finally got around to swinging by the dealer and picked up the Plate Delete Plugs. Tony and Justin, we will have to get together next week for me to give them to you guys. My weekend is pretty much booked solid with family coming in. The parts guy said somebody else had come in asking about the plugs a couple of days ago ............. which one of you guys were trying to swipe my order out from under me??

Side note: There was a sweet Viper ACR on the lot, parked near the service / parts department. I didn't bother looking at the price sheet, but Good Lawd that thing looked mean. If I could just win the TN Lottery ...............

Anthony
Old 07-01-2010, 06:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Finally got around to swinging by the dealer and picked up the Plate Delete Plugs. Tony and Justin, we will have to get together next week for me to give them to you guys. My weekend is pretty much booked solid with family coming in. The parts guy said somebody else had come in asking about the plugs a couple of days ago ............. which one of you guys were trying to swipe my order out from under me??

Side note: There was a sweet Viper ACR on the lot, parked near the service / parts department. I didn't bother looking at the price sheet, but Good Lawd that thing looked mean. If I could just win the TN Lottery ...............

Anthony
Going to have to go check on getting some of those plugs.

On a different note: BP announced this morning they put a wedding ring on the pipe and it quit putting out!!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Default Doorless + Post

Have any of yall had issues getting through the gate or driving on redstone doorless?
I know they have been pretty strict with the rules on motorcycles in the past. I wonder if they will require me to wear a orange vest with reflective tape.

Thanks
Brian

2010 JKU Sahara
Deep Water Blue
Stock
Old 07-01-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

If any of you guys are without plans this weekend, I will be BBQ-ing up some burgers, dawgs, and what not for the 4th. And breaking in the new pool

PM me for the address if you wanna come hang out, eat some food, drink some cervezas (As long as you are legal!) and swim. Would be cool to line the street with JK's!
And since the remainder of my back yard is currently all dirt, there is no telling what will happen as the day progresses!! MUD PIT!!!

Anthony
Old 07-01-2010, 09:18 AM
JK Freak

Got a few things for this thread

Who's giant blue rubicon did I see at lunch by the publix on madison blvd. That thing looked sweet!

Anthony, I'll get with you next week sometime and I'd love to stop by on the 4th, but i have family obligations

All,
WHY THE HECK ARE WE NOT WHEELING ON THE 3RD?!?!?!!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002

Who's giant blue rubicon did I see at lunch by the publix on madison blvd. That thing looked sweet!

Anthony, I'll get with you next week sometime and I'd love to stop by on the 4th, but i have family obligations
That was me! Was having lunch @ Bison's. Somebody told me they saw a guy in a Jeep pull up and take a pic of my Jeep ............. Now I know who it was! Should stopped in to say hello. I have the Plate Delete Plugs in my center console.

Anthony
Old 07-01-2010, 11:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
That was me! Was having lunch @ Bison's. Somebody told me they saw a guy in a Jeep pull up and take a pic of my Jeep ............. Now I know who it was! Should stopped in to say hello. I have the Plate Delete Plugs in my center console.

Anthony
why did I think you have 2door? Oh well. I was like, who's jeep is that? Obviously on the forum. I guess I've never actually seen your Jeep LOL
Old 07-01-2010, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
why did I think you have 2door? Oh well. I was like, who's jeep is that? Obviously on the forum. I guess I've never actually seen your Jeep LOL
No problem.

Anyone here have experience with starting a new lawn? I don't want sod; hate the brown grass in winter. I am thinking of mixing some Tall Fescue and Kentucky Bluegrass. Not sure, but will need to do something soon, before the clovers and crab grass take over.

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat