Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 06-24-2010, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Defender39
Anyone know where I can find 2 bow mount brackets for a 2007 2-door soft top in the next 24 hours? So far I've called the local dealers and no one has it in stock. Thought I'd throw it out there in case someone had any leads. Please PM me if you can help out. Thanks!
You might try Gilbert's Jeeps. He is on the west side of Athens. webejeeping.com I bought a complete TJ soft top from him a while back.

Other than that, or the stealership, not sure how you could get them that quick. I ordered some from Quadratec for my top, since I bought it used and it didn't have those same pieces. But that took a week to get them.

Maybe somebody here that isn't running their soft top can loan you some??

Anthony
Old 06-24-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by highoctane
Ill get some pics here in a bit. I LOVE the way mine turned out, and wish I would've done it sooner. Looks great, and I saved the $900 I was gonna spend on the PSC flares, that will go towards a regear. Plus if I hit these, they just bend and move, no damage done, so I'm hoping. With your shorty LoD rear bumper, the trimmed flares would prob look even better than mine since I have the full width LoD. I'd have trimmed mine narrower but didn't think it'd look right with the full width bumper.

Oh and I'll take that other licensce plate holder delete plug when they come in. I'm moving mine to the spare tire as soon as I figure a way to get a light to it without paying $100 for the ORO mount.
Can't wait to see them! I have just about talked myself into choping mine. Maybe your pix will push me over the edge to do it .............

Consider the plate delete plug yours. I will let you know when I get them. That still leaves one more up for grabs. Any takers?

Anthony
Old 06-24-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Can't wait to see them! I have just about talked myself into choping mine. Maybe your pix will push me over the edge to do it .............

Consider the plate delete plug yours. I will let you know when I get them. That still leaves one more up for grabs. Any takers?

Anthony

Here's some pics.

More here.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...77#post1742577

I LOVE how mine turned out! They do move a little bit in at highway speeds over 50mph, but not much at all, and certainly not enough to hear them or cause any trouble.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub

Anthony
yup, I'll take it!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:47 AM
JK Super Freak

I need a plate delete plug!!! I also want to chop the shit out of my Sahara fenders.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
yup, I'll take it!

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
I need a plate delete plug!!! I also want to chop the shit out of my Sahara fenders.
DOH! I guess I should have ordered more than 3 of them .................. Didn't realize they would be so popular! I think they should be in tomorrow.
Tony and Justin are first in line, Chris you are next if one of them doesn't want one.

Anthony
Old 06-24-2010, 01:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's some pics.

More here.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...77#post1742577

I LOVE how mine turned out! They do move a little bit in at highway speeds over 50mph, but not much at all, and certainly not enough to hear them or cause any trouble.
Hell yeah!!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 01:37 PM
JK Junkie

Looks great Tony!!

Do you plan to "black out" the inner fender wells like some folks (based on the pic looks just fine stock, but kinda hard to tell)?

Well I got bored last night and trimmed my front fenders. Still trying to figure out how I want to do the rear. I'll get some pics up today. Took awhile, prob 4 hours for the front. But I'm meticulous and measured eveything twice and cut once. Love how it turned out. I could easily clear 37s now with no rubbing. Might take out my bump stops and see if I can get some more uptravel w/o over compressing the springs.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 06-24-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
i want to chop the shit out of mine too! You go first
Old 06-24-2010, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Tony, try

Autosport
Huntsville, AL 35801

I have had really good luck with them. I have had two done on my cars, and 3 or 4 done on friends.

Last edited by mkjeep; 06-24-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: no non sponsor contact info

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat