Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 06-24-2010, 04:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by highoctane
Well I got bored last night and trimmed my front fenders. Still trying to figure out how I want to do the rear. I'll get some pics up today. Took awhile, prob 4 hours for the front. But I'm meticulous and measured eveything twice and cut once. Love how it turned out. I could easily clear 37s now with no rubbing. Might take out my bump stops and see if I can get some more uptravel w/o over compressing the springs.
Post some pictures when you get a chance.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Went by the stealership yesterday and had them order a license plate holder delete plug. After seeing Brandon's (among others') trail damage, and looking at just how far out that the plate holder sticks out there with the stubby rear bumper, I have decided to relocate my plate. Probably gonna fab up something to go in the middle of the spare.

I had them order two extra plugs, so if anyone else is interested, I will let you have them @ cost. I think they go for $12 ea. or so. Should have them Friday.

Anthony
Old 06-24-2010, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by highoctane
Well I got bored last night and trimmed my front fenders. Still trying to figure out how I want to do the rear. I'll get some pics up today. Took awhile, prob 4 hours for the front. But I'm meticulous and measured eveything twice and cut once. Love how it turned out. I could easily clear 37s now with no rubbing. Might take out my bump stops and see if I can get some more uptravel w/o over compressing the springs.
I keep flip-flopping on whether I want to chop my fenders, or just bite the bullet on some PSC's. Chop is $ friendly, but I already throw tons of road and trail debris on the side of the Jeep with the stock fenders. A chop would make it that much worse, I think.

Post some pix of what you did, Tony. Might sway me to go ahead and break out the saw.

Anthony
Old 06-24-2010, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Wife told me my Poison Spyder fenders and rock panels came in yesterday. Will install this weekend
Old 06-24-2010, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Wife told me my Poison Spyder fenders and rock panels came in yesterday. Will install this weekend

Sweet! Need any help?

Last edited by sixty5vdub; 06-24-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
I keep flip-flopping on whether I want to chop my fenders, or just bite the bullet on some PSC's. Chop is $ friendly, but I already throw tons of road and trail debris on the side of the Jeep with the stock fenders. A chop would make it that much worse, I think.

Post some pix of what you did, Tony. Might sway me to go ahead and break out the saw.

Anthony

Ill get some pics here in a bit. I LOVE the way mine turned out, and wish I would've done it sooner. Looks great, and I saved the $900 I was gonna spend on the PSC flares, that will go towards a regear. Plus if I hit these, they just bend and move, no damage done, so I'm hoping. With your shorty LoD rear bumper, the trimmed flares would prob look even better than mine since I have the full width LoD. I'd have trimmed mine narrower but didn't think it'd look right with the full width bumper.

Oh and I'll take that other licensce plate holder delete plug when they come in. I'm moving mine to the spare tire as soon as I figure a way to get a light to it without paying $100 for the ORO mount.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone know where I can find 2 bow mount brackets for a 2007 2-door soft top in the next 24 hours? So far I've called the local dealers and no one has it in stock. Thought I'd throw it out there in case someone had any leads. Please PM me if you can help out. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Defender39
Anyone know where I can find 2 bow mount brackets for a 2007 2-door soft top in the next 24 hours? So far I've called the local dealers and no one has it in stock. Thought I'd throw it out there in case someone had any leads. Please PM me if you can help out. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum defender. Cant say I know where to get the brackets.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks like the Trailmaster lift came in as well today. Gonna be a long weekend.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Huntsville, Al...

Well I went by rocket city offroad to check on the price for a gear swap. $600 labor, $300 per axle is his rate, which seems like a damn good deal to me! With Yukon 4.88s and install kits he said $1100ish, def less than $1200. Slightly more if master rebuild kits are required. If you get the whole kit from northridge it'd be just under $1200 with the master rebuild kits. Guess I'll be ordering some gears next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat