Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 06-14-2010, 05:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sniffle sniffle...i want to go play. Oh well...I'm off to the east coast with the woman more than likely
Old 06-14-2010, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Tonight I pulled off and stored the soft top for the summer - Wilbur is now sporting his Mopar sunbonnet (wish Mopar had come up with a better name - sounds like some little girl's Easter hat) and Bestop duster.
I run the soft top, windows out, with the duster .......... makes for easy top-off driving, but still keeps everything covered when needed. The soft top will fold down and sit right on top of the duster (at least my 4 door top will. Not sure about the 2 door). Not much issues with leaving the windows out during rain either. Everything stays pretty much dry, unless the rain is coming down sideways ..........

Anthony

Last edited by sixty5vdub; 06-15-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Denny2565;1730261]
We can meet in the WalMart parking lot on Memorial Parkway across from Parkway Mall. It's 85 miles down and takes about an hour and a half to get there from the parking lot. The GA guys are going to be there 900-915 so if we leave by 715, we can take our time and still show up early.

QUOTE]

0700 Saturday morning sounds good to me.
Going to have to miss a family gathering ......... but it's my GF's family, so ................ Wheeling it is! Just going to have to make it up to her later.

Anthony
Old 06-14-2010, 03:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Huntsville, Al...

My control arm mount bracket will be done tomorrow so in def on for mountain side now! Not that I had any doubts.

Sure am glad I have a pool here. Still can't get over how hot it is here, didn't expect it.

Anyone with a dremel down for a fender flare trimming party this week? I still haven't don't it and need to before I completely rip off my flares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Denny2565
If I ever lose my mind and buy an iPad, this will be the next jeep accessory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tczodt4FosY
I'd probably be involved in a wreck within 15 minutes of installation.

Not this time, I'm waiting till they add the proverbial kitchen sink.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Junkie

Jason (see pic below) might have been able to give you some pointers, but he recently rejected us JK types for a nice new shiny truck. I've thought about trimming my fenders, but am keeping them factory to match the full sized bumper I need on account of the rising incidence of trees jumping in front of Wilbur while we're out trail riding.

Originally Posted by highoctane
Anyone with a dremel down for a fender flare trimming party this week? I still haven't don't it and need to before I completely rip off my flares.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by highoctane
My control arm mount bracket will be done tomorrow so in def on for mountain side now! Not that I had any doubts.

Sure am glad I have a pool here. Still can't get over how hot it is here, didn't expect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't have my JK anymore but I'm down for a fender cutting party. I think I'm the only one from the HSV forum that actually went through with it. I've also got about 50FT of the door trim left that you can have to put on the fender edges.

I've got the air grinder and sawzall ready to go
Old 06-14-2010, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=JK-Rubi;1731432]Jason (see pic below) might have been able to give you some pointers, but he recently rejected us JK types for a nice new shiny truck. I've thought about trimming my fenders, but am keeping them factory to match the full sized bumper I need on account of the rising incidence of trees jumping in front of Wilbur while we're out trail riding. QUOTE]

Hey, I'm still around!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
Hey, I'm still around!!!
Good to see you're still keeping tabs on us. Still enjoying the truck?
Old 06-14-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Good to see you're still keeping tabs on us. Still enjoying the truck?
I'm liking the truck just fine; and I picked up a brand new 4-wheeler two weekends ago, that I've been working on getting broken in.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat