Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 06-06-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
Check these out from Poison Spyder Customs
hxxp://www.poisonspyder.com/prod-jkfrontcrusherflares.php
Awesome, thank you. these are more what I was looking for and are half the price of the ORE.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sushi
My wife and I both have JK's , Here are some pics....I have

Let me know when you all get together for some trail riding, we'll take both.
I have the 2010 rubi w/35" km2's and the wife has the 2008 unlimited w/stock rubi km's

Welcome. very nice looking jeeps
Old 06-06-2010, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

just checking in. I have been in fort walton/destin area for a few days. DNEAL was down here with us. Well long story short, we had donny's jeep and found a "puddle" to drive it through (I'm driving). Well it was a little deeper then expected. Water over the hood. So not only have I almost hydrolocked my Jeep, but Donny's as well
Old 06-06-2010, 09:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I'll be in Madison staying at my parents house till I can start my job. Just got out of the Marine Corps after 9 years. Prob be there for 2 to 3 weeks and will be getting there June 20. Are there good wheeling spots down there near by that aren't muddy as hell? I like more rocks/less mud.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by highoctane
Well I'll be in Madison staying at my parents house till I can start my job. Just got out of the Marine Corps after 9 years. Prob be there for 2 to 3 weeks and will be getting there June 20. Are there good wheeling spots down there near by that aren't muddy as hell? I like more rocks/less mud.
Welcome to you and all of the other new members to our Huntsville area JK family.

It will be cool to see another Mud Grappler'ed / LOD'ed JK runiing around town.

x2 what Wes said about the mud. We have a TON of good old Alabama Red Clay to play in.

Anthony
Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Recall - Brake Lines

Just saw this posted ........

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...58#post1721358

Anthony
Old 06-07-2010, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilky
welcome to the area.
Hhhmmm...somewhere in the south that's less mud and more rocks....
Nope, you're screwed. Welcome to the 'Muddy' South. I feel you though, I hate mud and prefer the crawling scene. Around here, it's that nasty redish-cement-like mud that sticks to and stains everything it touches.
Too bad you're not coming in several days sooner, we are getting a ride together on the 19th at a Off-Road park that would suit your fancy (check upstream a few posts for info).
Subscribe to this thread if you want to stay up to date...we do lunches (and hopefully a happyhour soon) as well as impromptu "wrenching" and trailrides.

You going to be staying in this locale for work, or just passing through after the 3 weeks??
Sucks about the lack of rocks. If I could find a rotary wing aviation job that doesn't require an A&P I'd stay there, but most likely going to be there for 2 to 3 weeks and moving on to New York if I get the job Im hoping for.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Have had a year to think about suspensions, wheels and tires. I have decided on the latter: XD Addicts and kevlar tires. Suspension is another story. Have decided against the off road evolution for now, the cost is too high. Have been looking at the Rock Krawler 3.5" coil overs, Teraflex 4", and the Trailmaster that Denny got. The Trailmaster is the only one that "appears" to not require additional parts. The other two require additional stuff to make a complete kit.
But don't you want this kind of flex on Recon?

Old 06-08-2010, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

have you guys seen this? I need one of these

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...take-vs.-Water
Old 06-08-2010, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by highoctane
Sucks about the lack of rocks. If I could find a rotary wing aviation job that doesn't require an A&P I'd stay there, but most likely going to be there for 2 to 3 weeks and moving on to New York if I get the job Im hoping for.
There are a lot of Chinook, Apache, and Cobra jobs around here. Lots of jobs on the Arsenal. If you are interested.

Anthony

Last edited by sixty5vdub; 06-09-2010 at 04:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat