Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 05-27-2010, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
Friday it is then! I am not a fan of Steak and Shit, but if it is the general consensus that everyone wants to go there, I am down with it. Are we saying 1100? Anthony, I wanna hear about this new j-o-b.
Tomorrow is no good for me. I will have to meet up with everyone next time.

Side note: I bought some new shoes today:

Anybody need a stock Rubi KM2? I am going to sell my spare. It only has around 2000 miles on it, if that many. Still looks new. The other 4 aint worth selling.

Anthony

Last edited by sixty5vdub; 05-27-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wes, they are 35x12.50. But I agree, they do look crazy wide on the stock wheels. I am running Spidertrax 1.5" spacers. Going to have to get one for the tire carrier as well. Stock wheel with these tires won't fit due to the backspacing. I had heard about how loud these tires were, but it is like driving around with a single engine plane flying directly above me. I don't mind yet, but we will see .......

Anthony
Old 05-27-2010, 05:47 PM
JK Junkie

Those look awesome Anthony!!! . . . plus I think you're one of the first in this area with the 35" Nittos. Looking forward to seeing them in action.

The "single engine airplane sound" is the most common description of the noise I've seen on this forum. You're not alone.

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Wes, they are 35x12.50. But I agree, they do look crazy wide on the stock wheels. I am running Spidertrax 1.5" spacers. Going to have to get one for the tire carrier as well. Stock wheel with these tires won't fit due to the backspacing. I had heard about how loud these tires were, but it is like driving around with a single engine plane flying directly above me. I don't mind yet, but we will see .......

Anthony

Old 05-27-2010, 05:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wilky
It looks like I'm taking Wednesday off from work to install my lift.
So you're only going to install part of the kit?

Give me a ring if you're thinking reinforcements could come in handy Wed afternoon.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:12 PM
JK Freak

Anthony, those tires look sweet. Looking forward to seeing them on the trail. That rear bumper is looking nice too.

Here's a sneak peek of my new look. I've still got to put on my drive shafts and correct my pinion. Right now, the drive shaft is about 9 degrees and the pinion is closer to 14.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wilky
My bad...I didn't make the formal announcement when Brown delivered last week prior to my TDY. I have the full kit in my garage now...or at least what I think is the full kit. Maybe I should inventory
Was just ribbing ya Wes about your expectations - that is a lot of kit to install in one day. Like I posted upstream, give me a shout if you could use some late afternoon reinforcement.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:36 AM
JK Super Freak

sooo... no-one for lunch? Dangit.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
sooo... no-one for lunch? Dangit.
yeah whats the dealeo?
Old 05-28-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

so the game plan is steak and ache at 11?
Old 05-28-2010, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Anthony, those tires look sweet. Looking forward to seeing them on the trail. That rear bumper is looking nice too.

Here's a sneak peek of my new look. I've still got to put on my drive shafts and correct my pinion. Right now, the drive shaft is about 9 degrees and the pinion is closer to 14.

Denny,
Are you not going to have any issues with clearing you garage door opening? With my RC BB, 1"BL, and the 35's, I only have an inch and a half, maybe two of clearance before my soft top bows would make contact. Or maybe your garage door opening is taller than mine

Thanks to everyone for the props on the tires. I really like the look, and the ride is actually smoother than with the stock KM2's. I noticed a definite drop in take off performance, and so far mileage seems to have dropped a half a MPG or so. I do think I will get used to the noise, it is just a little different than what I am used to. Definitely different from the usual drone of mudders. First time I drove it, I actually pulled over to see if something was rubbing on a tire .

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat