Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 05-21-2010, 07:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mountainside

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
I might be able to make it that weekend. Keep me posted if you decide to go.
Will do Corey.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
After my last trail ride, I had some issues with my MTR's rubbing all my fenders and also had the rear tires rubbing my sliders. I thought about flat fenders and cutting the rails and pinch seams, but wasn't crazy about going that route. I decided taller springs to get the tires away from the flares and control arms to get the tires away from the sliders. And since I was doing springs and control arms, drive shafts probably would be needed at some point. Especially since there have been a lot of people with 4-door automatics having problems with the boot on the front drive shaft rubbing and tearing when disconnected.

That being said, I was looking for a kit with at least 4" of lift and control arms. Drive shafts weren't part of my requirement, but would be nice to have. I also had to stay within my tax refund budget.

The Trail master is a 5" kit with 8 adjustable control arms, longer brake lines, disconnects, shocks, front track bar, and front and rear drive shafts. It had everything I was looking for and more. It was also about a grand less than other kits with similar parts.

The control arms really impressed me. The flex joints are sealed with graphite so no greasing is necessary. And six of the arms have jam nuts on both ends so they can be adjusted without taking them off the jeep. Also, the arms are .25 thick. I checked some other mfr control arms and most didn't say how thick the walls were, but the ones that did were all less than .20. I don't know much about the drive shafts, but they have got to be better than what's on the jeep right now.

So the bottom line is it has more than what I was looking for and could be purchased for a lot less than other kits with fewer parts.

Here's Quadratec's link if you want to see a pic of all the parts.
That's awesome, congrats Denny. Cant wait to see it.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Pictures Denny....Pictures

Dennis,

I cant believe you didn't U-stream or instant upload some pictures of the install for us.... just kidding, but how did it go?
Old 05-24-2010, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

I went back to school....thats like the opposite of working on the JK
Old 05-25-2010, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I got a little sidetracked yesterday and didn't get a chance to finish. I'm gonna try to make some time for it this evening.

Did you get the install complete? If not, I have some free time this week, if you need some help. If you did ................... where are the pix???

Anthony
Old 05-26-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Lunch?

Any of you ladies up for lunch this Thursday or Friday?? Any suggestions on location? I guess you can come, Jason... even though you are in a blashpemous rig!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

Make it friday! I need parts from Gary (assuming he can come)
Old 05-26-2010, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I might be able to make tomorrow, depending on location. I am partial to anyplace near Madison. Since I haven't finished my 90 days at the new job yet, I can't really take any long lunches.

Anthony
Old 05-26-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Make it friday! I need parts from Gary (assuming he can come)
I could probably make Friday Justin. We can head to our standby, Steak-n-Shake, or if Anthony can make it, we could meet up at the Bar-B-Que place on Hwy 20 (forgot the name, but near Krystals).
Old 05-27-2010, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Friday it is then! I am not a fan of Steak and Shit, but if it is the general consensus that everyone wants to go there, I am down with it. Are we saying 1100? Anthony, I wanna hear about this new j-o-b.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat