Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-31-2008, 04:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dneal
Thanks guys.

I drove to Birmingham to buy the Jeep. I'm sure I could of had it shipped here... especially since the dealership there also owned the local place at the time... but I didn't want to wait. Found it online Friday night and headed out to pick it up Saturday morning .

should have called me, i would have sold you one.

i saw a black rubi unlimited in my service lane last night, stock with windsheild mounted lights....who's is that??

also a pretty nice black hardtop unlimited with black procomp wheels has been in the shop for a day or two now..who's is that? i was back there drooling yesterday.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tboginski
should have called me, i would have sold you one.
Sorry about that . Do you work at Landers McLarty?
Old 10-31-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

Hello all... just saw this tread and thought I'd post up. My first post since joining the forum in Feb '07 .

I live in Madison and drive a black Unlimited Rubi (below is a picture of it at Coalmine). Pretty sure I've seen some of your Jeeps on the road... I always try and wave .

Anyway... just thought I'd introduce myself. Hope to see you around.

Welcome! Nice jeep!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:57 AM
JK Junkie

Default Amplifier Re-programming & possible Speaker Replacement

Should have called me . . .
Calling tboginski, calling tboginski. Just saw this in the electrical section of the forum. A brand new Tech Service Bulletin out on the speakers (see this forum thread).

Would you please consider checking this out, and letting us know if your dealership is participating. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Calling tboginski, calling tboginski. Just saw this in the electrical section of the forum. A brand new Tech Service Bulletin out on the speakers (see this forum thread).

Would you please consider checking this out, and letting us know if your dealership is participating. Thanks.
I checked it out....if your speakers are popping there are new speakers available. all you have to do is bring it in.
I guess they have to duplicate the problem and if so they replace your speakers.

That's what i was told by the service Manager.

hope that helps.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:47 PM
JK Junkie

I checked it out....if your speakers are popping there are new speakers available. all you have to do is bring it in.
I guess they have to duplicate the problem and if so they replace your speakers.

hope that helps.
Good deal. Thanks for looking into that for us. I don't really listen to my system that often, but I'll make sure to test it just in case.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:01 PM
JK Junkie

Default Unlimited Rubicons

Took the JK to an audio shop yesterday to have them check the noise on my CB. While I was there, the tech commented on my Rubi, and said he just installed a new stereo system and CB into a silver Unlimited Rubicon w/ auto transmission. He said the guy had put a lot of money in it, but didn't go into any specifics except for the audio components.
Anyway, sounds like there's another Unlimited Rubicon running around the area (shop is located in Hampton Cove).
Old 11-02-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

hope that helps.
My passenger side speaker has been doing this...glad they will fix it! I will try to bring it in sometime in the next week or two!

thanks travis!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Junkie

Default Mountainside ORP Redux

On our last trip we had 3 stock TJs join us on the trail. In the top pic you can see a red and silver TJ in the background, and in the next pic, another red TJ with "ground effects" trim. They drove all over the park, skipping the obvious level 4/5 stuff (like the rest of us), and really enjoyed themselves riding the remaining trails.

Just didn't want any of the local area folk thinking we're off doing crazy stuff with our Jeeps. If those stock TJs could handle that park, your stock JKs will certainly do the same and more . . .

. . . only be leery when following my Rubi. I'm still trying to figure out why someone once told me, "Don't let fear and common sense get in your way."
Old 11-03-2008, 04:44 AM
JK Freak

Sorry about that . Do you work at Landers McLarty?
yup, used car manager, but i still have some influence on new car purchases.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat