Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 05-09-2010, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
if they offered me that much for mine, it would be long gone and I'd be in a Viper. Thats the next car I'm buying. I hope Jason gets back with me soon. I want to buy his duster/windjammer setup. I gotta find a bikini then I'll be set. Anyone know how much the Mopar one runs? I want one that will keep the water out
Good luck on the Viper... insurance alone will kill you.

Mopar Sunbonet... I picked mine up at the dealership for just over $200. I got 25% off because my mother is a Chrysler employee.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wilky
With what? A Rubicon? I think your ride is sharp, but I hear you b/c I would start over with 0 miles and do everything I want at the beginning vs. spread out over 50K miles.
Maybe Rubicon, maybe go low end and do a complete replacement from the transfer case down. But one thing for sure, it would still be a four door.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
Good luck on the Viper... insurance alone will kill you.

Mopar Sunbonet... I picked mine up at the dealership for just over $200. I got 25% off because my mother is a Chrysler employee.
That aint so bad...guess I'll go with that
Old 05-09-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if they offered me that much for mine, it would be long gone and I'd be in a Viper. Thats the next car I'm buying. I hope Jason gets back with me soon. I want to buy his duster/windjammer setup. I gotta find a bikini then I'll be set. Anyone know how much the Mopar one runs? I want one that will keep the water out
Justin , you missed out on everything but the Windjammer which I replied to you about. If you do decide to get a Bikini Top you'll definitely want to get the Mopar. It has a better fit than the factory soft-top.

I've got a brand new never installed Mopar Sun Bonnet sitting in the garage right now. It showed up with a 1 inch rip from part of the frame pushing through. not sure how much it would cost to have it fixed but I'm sure I could save you quite a bit.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

just so you know. Jason's Jeep is on the bill penny used lot. I got curious and went to see how much they are asking. 26k and you can own it
***FAIR WARNING**

The clutch was starting to squeak pretty bad in that thing and the brakes need to be replace ASAP.

Not to mention the cup holder insert is missing and they only have one key (I hid the other one and can't find it)

Just wanted to get that out there in case you hear of anyone that may be interested in the Jeep.

Do you think this picture could sway someone's buying decision?? Or maybe Gary has a pic of that smoking hot winch in action??

Old 05-09-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

just so you know. Jason's Jeep is on the bill penny used lot. I got curious and went to see how much they are asking. 26k and you can own it

I just realized you said $26K!!!!!

The sticker price on that thing over 2 years ago was $25,900!!! and I have beat the junk out of it and took very poor care of it ( literally changed the oil 3 times in 28,000 miles) not to mention as it sits there is only about $2,500 of aftermarket parts/tires

RC 4" lift ~$750
body ift ~$80
Tires ~ $1500
CAI $225
Magnaflow Muffler w/ ghetto install $125

So there you have it a base model X that is 2 years old for more than MSRP!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

I'm stoked about the top swap. It make take me a few weeks to gather the different pieces, but I love the look of the windjammer/duster/bikini. I think that setup is sweet. Definately different. I hope to mod the hell out of the Jeep this summer, but we will see. All the fun parts cost money, which I'm really short on right now

Old 05-10-2010, 03:43 PM
JK Junkie

Default 'ol Yellar and Oil Changes

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
. . . literally changed the oil 3 times in 28,000 miles
That's not bad - the synthetic stuff is really good quality so you can get away with less frequent changes.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
That's not bad - the synthetic stuff is really good quality so you can get away with less frequent changes.
Gary... you may like this read... go to the Xtreme section and look at the "Teraflex 60 vs Currie Rock Jock 60".... on the last page, they start discussing how synthetic oils are not alll good quality, and how "most" gear installers would use natural oil instead.

I dont know if I agree with what they're saying, but interesting none the less.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Before pic:

....................... still working on the after pic.

Anyone local in need of a stock rear bumper, tire carrier, and tow hitch?

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat