Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 05-06-2010, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum Background Colors

Thank you JK-Forum for ditching the stark black and white background colors. Gray seems easier on the eyes, but will need to "adjust" for a couple more days to see if I really like the end result. Some stuff almost looks like it's white text on very light gray now - not very strong contrast. Good to see someone's tweaking things though - I'm sure it'll all work out in the end.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Thank you JK-Forum for ditching the stark black and white background colors. Gray seems easier on the eyes, but will need to "adjust" for a couple more days to see if I really like the end result. Some stuff almost looks like it's white text on very light gray now - not very strong contrast. Good to see someone's tweaking things though - I'm sure it'll all work out in the end.

You mean you didn't like the stone white?

Hows everything in Al. We have a day ride scheduled to Gulches ORV, probably not worth the time to drive the many hrs to come see, but if you are interested it will be on 23rd. When are we scheduling a ride to Mountainside? I have not been there and would at least like to log it on the I've done list.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Friday Lunch

Did anybody get a picture of the Friday lunch meet?
Old 05-08-2010, 12:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
Did anybody get a picture of the Friday lunch meet?
Yup - here's Denny (Jason, the only other forum guy there, wasn't allowed to park his truck in the Jeep row).

Old 05-08-2010, 12:57 PM
JK Junkie

Default Hey Chris . . .

Originally Posted by ckivy
You mean you didn't like the stone white?
Hmm, I better be more careful with my choice of words.

Originally Posted by ckivy
Hows everything in Al. We have a day ride scheduled to Gulches ORV, probably not worth the time to drive the many hrs to come see, but if you are interested it will be on 23rd. When are we scheduling a ride to Mountainside? I have not been there and would at least like to log it on the I've done list.
Huntsville folks are doing well - lots of JK mods imminent, but folks here will soon be chomping at the bit to hit the trails. I'm still vacillating with respect to any lift mods I want to undertake next with Wilbur. May just start with the addition of small spacers, then worry about coils, driveshafts, etc later on. Still can't make up my mind.

I'm toying with the idea of joining the TN guys on their Windrock ride May 29th, although Mountainside is probably the next ride for the Huntsville area folks. It's just too convenient, plus the place rocks (no pun intended )!! So much to do in a relatively small area. We usually just start with a loop there to "warm up", and then head for some easy to moderate climbs - I will usually try something a little over my head by the end of the day.

My favorite "like" about the park is that you don't have to ride a Level 3 all day, knowing that the only other choice you have is a Level 5. You can go from a Level 3 to a 3+ to a 4- to a 4 to a 4+ . . . you get the idea.

You'd love this place Chris - here's Rotorhead climbing up some "buggy" trails with his 37's.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

just so you know. Jason's Jeep is on the bill penny used lot. I got curious and went to see how much they are asking. 26k and you can own it
Old 05-08-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racinfast002
just so you know. Jason's Jeep is on the bill penny used lot. I got curious and went to see how much they are asking. 26k and you can own it
Was it all shiny and clean? We should all show up there next week with our rigs and take one last group poser shot.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Was it all shiny and clean? We should all show up there next week with our rigs and take one last group poser shot.
clean didnt describe it. It was like SUPER clean. Everything was steam cleaned on it. I guess thats the reason for the rediculous price.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
I was only able to salvage a few parts (the dealer offered top dollar to keep the Jeep as is)

Bestop Duster Cover
Bestop 2DR wraparound Windjammer

Let me know if anyone is interested in any of the stuff. Like I said previously all of the tops were on the Jeep less than 2 weeks. I'll sell each one for 20% less than I paid from 4WD.com
What Jason's duster and wraparound Windjammer will look like on an Unlimited.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wilky
With what? A Rubicon? I think your ride is sharp, but I hear you b/c I would start over with 0 miles and do everything I want at the beginning vs. spread out over 50K miles.
if they offered me that much for mine, it would be long gone and I'd be in a Viper. Thats the next car I'm buying. I hope Jason gets back with me soon. I want to buy his duster/windjammer setup. I gotta find a bikini then I'll be set. Anyone know how much the Mopar one runs? I want one that will keep the water out

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat