Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 05-03-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RokinRubi
Hey guys sorry its been awhile. Thanks for posting the picture up. We finished the atlas up last night and are waiting on the driveshafts to get the 1350 joints. The rear bumper and frame are almost done. So it wont be long and I'll be back in action
that looks like a lot of work. How long did that project take you?
Old 05-03-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

congrats on the new ride jason! to bad you couldn't have stole more parts off of it. I was looking forward to some slightly used new to me goodies
Old 05-03-2010, 01:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
that looks like a lot of work. How long did that project take you?
I've been curious on how the Atlas looked. I'd be interested in knowing how it performs as well. Nice work!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:57 PM
JK Junkie

Default Jason's . . . new transportation vehicle.

Sad to hear after having worked on, and dragged 'ol Yeller out of the mud a couple of times.

Looks like a nice truck - I'm certain you'll enjoy driving it (though hopefully not as much as the JK).

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
Well I guess you'll have to come find me now!! At least I know if you do find me , you'll never catch up to me in the Jeep

I was only able to salvage a few parts (the dealer offered top dollar to keep the Jeep as is).
Old 05-03-2010, 01:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
7 months later and my Schrockworks rear bumper finally shows up at the house. Guess Ill have to wait another month to get home and install it.
Congrats Steve.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well it's been an ongoing project for 5 months. That includes everything else we have done. It took 3.5 months just to get the atlas and everything. It only took 8 straight hours to get it done. The atlas is very beefy and will hold up for a long time. I can't wait to do some front digs.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Well it's been an ongoing project for 5 months. That includes everything else we have done. It took 3.5 months just to get the atlas and everything. It only took 8 straight hours to get it done. The atlas is very beefy and will hold up for a long time. I can't wait to do some front digs.
Congrats. That project just looks and sound way too technical for me to tackle. At least we know who in our group has those kinds of skills.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah its been pretty tough and hard without the jeep, but its going to be sweet when its done. Hopefully this summer I will be adding some air bumpstops and some 40" kevlar mt/r's
Old 05-03-2010, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

Yeah its been pretty tough and hard without the jeep, but its going to be sweet when its done. Hopefully this summer I will be adding some air bumpstops and some 40" kevlar mt/r's
sounds sweet!

I just hope landers get their shit together. Jeep is there. Hoping for a good trans rebuild and i hope they fix the f*cking header. I'm sick of fighting this bowed piece of plastic. Does this void my warrenty?

Old 05-04-2010, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dang man I've had bad experiences with stealerships too. I probably wouldn't show them that picture, wont help the process any.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat