Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-24-2010, 05:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Great Moab Pics

Originally Posted by ckivy
Gary, I have been extremely busy, not tired from the drive, I would say that Moab was great, different but great. Like Dstack said, throttle control was everything. Rocks were like grip tape, not slick at all, just steep. I think I there is a guy on the forum that took video of me coming up Hells Gate, when he sends it to me I will post it. Can't wait until the next trip out there.

Let us know when the net trip to the trails is scheduled.
Good to hear you're doing well Chris. Pics look awesome - can't believe how steep everything appears. Normally when we post our pics, we add a caveat to the effect that "it was steeper than my picture shows", but if that's the case with these, then you and Dennis must have been almost vertical at times.

I think there's going to be some wrenching going on here in the Huntsville area shortly, then we'll be back out on the trails to collect feedback on the new mods.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:34 PM
JK Junkie

Denny,

Sound familiar? ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=1#post1667043
Old 04-24-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

Yep, but he was a little more forgiving than I was.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bigger Tires, Bigger Lifts

So it looks like everyone is going to bigger and better lifts and tires... I guess I will be the lone 2.5" lift-33"tire JK in the Huntsville thread.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

Cool

I soooo want to go head out West to see the Petroglyphs

and the dinosaur tracks.

One of these days Alice . . .
Old 04-26-2010, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
So it looks like everyone is going to bigger and better lifts and tires... I guess I will be the lone 2.5" lift-33"tire JK in the Huntsville thread.
pretty much, because when I do tires, I'm going big. 35's or go home. Now if I could just afford 35s This whole new girlfriend thing that lives 6 hours away is NOT helping my mod money fund. On a side note, if you run 85 on the interstate, you WILL get 13 MPG. Ask me how I know LOL
Old 04-26-2010, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

After 6 months of no hood flutter (due to me removing the latch spring), had my first incident of it today. Driving back to work from lunch, on 565, there were two semis in front of me (each in his own lane). As I came up to them going around 75-80, I guess the combo of the air coming off of them, plus my speed, plus the wind today combined to give me the old "WHAT THE .......... THE HOOD IS FLYING UP" syndrome. I forgot how un-nerving that is when it happens. I had to look and double check to make sure both latches were still down.

Guess some new Daystar Hood Latches are in my future.

Anthony
Old 04-26-2010, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
After 6 months of no hood flutter (due to me removing the latch spring), had my first incident of it today. Driving back to work from lunch, on 565, there were two semis in front of me (each in his own lane). As I came up to them going around 75-80, I guess the combo of the air coming off of them, plus my speed, plus the wind today combined to give me the old "WHAT THE .......... THE HOOD IS FLYING UP" syndrome. I forgot how un-nerving that is when it happens. I had to look and double check to make sure both latches were still down.

Guess some new Daystar Hood Latches are in my future.

Anthony

Hey Anthony.. was good to finally see the owner of the Blue Jeep that sits at Bison's every Friday..
Old 04-26-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BullDawg
Hey Anthony.. was good to finally see the owner of the Blue Jeep that sits at Bison's every Friday..
Good to meet you too. Funny that I didn't see you park the Jeep right next to mine, but then you ended up at the table next to us! Too funny.

I guess I am becoming too predictable. I am "the guy with the blue Jeep @ Bison's every Friday".

BTW: The BA bumpers look really good on your Jeep. Nice choice.

Anthony
Old 04-28-2010, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Good to hear you're doing well Chris. Pics look awesome - can't believe how steep everything appears. Normally when we post our pics, we add a caveat to the effect that "it was steeper than my picture shows", but if that's the case with these, then you and Dennis must have been almost vertical at times.

I think there's going to be some wrenching going on here in the Huntsville area shortly, then we'll be back out on the trails to collect feedback on the new mods.
Yes it was some of the steepest terrain that I have been on, a lot of times you could not see the ground in front of you as you dropped of a small cliff, and a lot of times you were looking at nothing but clouds. Great time. Will be back there soon.

So what are all the big plans?(Wrenching?)

Last edited by ckivy; 04-28-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat