Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-15-2010, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
why does it have to be a rubi? They all* (yes lets not get technical here there are a few that dont) have d44's. And the shafts should be the same side to side, but not 100% on that. Just order a damn axle and I'll put it in for you. Its not hard.
First, the Rubi D44 and JK D44 have different spline counts. Second, the JK D44 has equal length shaft where the Rubi D44 has one short and one long shaft, neither of which is the same length as the JK D44 axles.

I read where some one out there makes a kit to upgrade the axle and convert them over to the same lenght, but I can't remember right off hand.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
First, the Rubi D44 and JK D44 have different spline counts. Second, the JK D44 has equal length shaft where the Rubi D44 has one short and one long shaft, neither of which is the same length as the JK D44 axles.

I read where some one out there makes a kit to upgrade the axle and convert them over to the same lenght, but I can't remember right off hand.
learn something every day. Then get yourself a drivers side rubi 44 axle and i'll put it in. sheesh. You make it sound like were having to rebuild a trans here.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Denny: Saw you parked next to me @ El Coyote at lunch yesterday, but didn't see you inside. Man, seeing your rig makes me wanna run out and pick up some bigger shoes for Old Blue.
Yea, I looked around for you when I got inside, but I guess you were out on the patio.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilky
Let me tell you, Anthony is a patio-hanging out-dude. Every Friday...like clockwork at Bisons....
True dat! This time of year, I pretty much only go out to places that have patios. It is just too nice to be inside, especially after being in an office all day (not that I am complaining about actually having an office!) And Bison's is on the way home. So it all works out!

Side note: anyone looking for a used set of 4 33x12.50x17's? I have some that I got from Jason, but don't think I will use them. Gime a shout if your interested. Price will be right ..............

Anthony
Old 04-17-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Junkie

Default Tire Repair Kit

Picked up a highly regarded tire repair kit (metal instead of plastic handles) just in case things get crazy out on the trails one day.
Make sure you're sitting down if you're curious and want to check on the price of these kits.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
The owner of this company got busted by Eddie pretending to be an average consumer on the forum that was talking up the product and how awesome they were...
not saying this is right to do, but I have some serious issues with the this forum and their stance on vendors.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:06 AM
JK Junkie

Also, people are getting antsy for a ride. You heard any specifics from the Louisiana JKers about when they want to visit the 'bama?
Nothing yet from our Louisiana brethren - maybe they're like us Huntsville area folks with regard to committal.

I am mulling over the thought of hitting that Level 4+ trail over in Skyline. Should be nice and dry as it hasn't rained in a couple of weeks.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:14 PM
JK Junkie

Default New Forum Look

On another note, I like that the forum didn't stick with the pure black and white look that it seemed to have for awhile recently - back to some differing gray scales, plus the light blue for some text.

Still need to figure out the deal with the folder symbol on the left next to the thread titles (differing colors, sometimes they're open, sometimes they're closed).
Old 04-18-2010, 07:20 PM
JK Junkie

Quick Survey:

How many peeps on the Huntsville thread would be up for a "Happy Hour" type JK rendevous vs. the typical luncheon we've been having lately?? Something along the lines of a 5pm meet & greet locally (where there's a patios of course).
May work Wes, but in the past when we attempted to meet in the evenings, it was a total bust. Of course, bringing "Happy Hour" into the equation could possibly break the "evening curse".
Old 04-18-2010, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

I mention it b/c we have several "non-contracting" type folks and others who have a hard time meeting our 11-1 lunch schedule...plus it is primo patio weather right now.
Heck, maybe I'll approach a local establishment and see how keen they are on having a "Jeepers Creepers Show-n-Shine Happy Hour" in the near future. Doesn't have to be just JKs, right? Maybe invite some of the local TJ and YJ folks that I've been seeing driving around town.
Let me tell ya......10+ bad-a jeeps parked in a parking lot will in fact bring in some new business.
Just a thought...what's everyone else think?
As soon as I can get my butt back to H'ville... I am in for some quality Jeeper time. I will be back in town around mid may for a few weeks.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat