Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-11-2010, 09:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i honestly was pissed about the new forum setup not having quick reply until i hit the reply button LOL
Old 04-12-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Freak

Looks like the mobi version is working, and I like it.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why dont you talk Gary into upgrading to a Dana 60 and then you get his.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

I'm not to far behind. I've got over 49K and will probably hit 50K by the end of the month.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I mean, I am the highest mileage JK in our thread, right? Just rolled 55K
I got 25K and I got it new in May of last year
Old 04-14-2010, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Well all the Body Armor finally came in.. got my HF 10k winch installed and I'm up and running now. Ended up about 1" lower in the front with all the weight on the nose. Found out that the tire carrier was supposed to come with the bumper but they were priced separately. I have all the installation hardware for the tire carrier but no frame. haha.. oh well the mods never stop right?

Even with the Rubicon springs I ended up about even on the front and about .75" higher in the rear after all was said and done. I'm thinking I want to put about 2" spacer on the front and 1" on the rear and stop at that. Anybody have a good supplier for "you pick em" spacers? Rustys offroad had the selection but wanted almost $25 to ship it from freakin Gadsden. Surely somebody else will do it cheaper.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0571..jpg
Views:	27
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	60595   Click image for larger version

Name:	backbumper..jpg
Views:	31
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	60596  
Old 04-14-2010, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BullDawg
Even with the Rubicon springs I ended up about even on the front and about .75" higher in the rear after all was said and done. I'm thinking I want to put about 2" spacer on the front and 1" on the rear and stop at that. Anybody have a good supplier for "you pick em" spacers? Rustys offroad had the selection but wanted almost $25 to ship it from freakin Gadsden. Surely somebody else will do it cheaper.
Most of the budget boost spacer kits will tell you to stack the factory isolators onto their spacers. You could look in to buying a 2" BB and not using the factory isolators in the rear. That would give you a 2" lift in the front and about a half inch less in the back.

And $25 to ship something that will fit in a shoebox from Gadsden?? You could drive down there and pick it up for less than that.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Most of the budget boost spacer kits will tell you to stack the factory isolators onto their spacers. You could look in to buying a 2" BB and not using the factory isolators in the rear. That would give you a 2" lift in the front and about a half inch less in the back.

And $25 to ship something that will fit in a shoebox from Gadsden?? You could drive down there and pick it up for less than that.
Denny: Saw you parked next to me @ El Coyote at lunch yesterday, but didn't see you inside. Man, seeing your rig makes me wanna run out and pick up some bigger shoes for Old Blue.

Anthony
Old 04-15-2010, 12:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wilky
hey man...just wanted to give you fair warning.
If I see your Rubicon left unattended in a parking lot....I'm yanking the driver's side rear axle shaft out of it.
On a serious note, can you recommend a local axle shop?
why does it have to be a rubi? They all* (yes lets not get technical here there are a few that dont) have d44's. And the shafts should be the same side to side, but not 100% on that. Just order a damn axle and I'll put it in for you. Its not hard.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilky
hey man...just wanted to give you fair warning.
If I see your Rubicon left unattended in a parking lot....I'm yanking the driver's side rear axle shaft out of it.
On a serious note, can you recommend a local axle shop?
I can just see me coming out of a restaurant or movie theater somewhere, to find the rear of my Jeep on blocks, missing the axle ................. That would actually be just my luck!

I can't really recommend any shops around for axle work. I agree with the 'buy a 60 and let's throw it in' crowd .......... but then again, it aint my money...............

You might try Gilbert's out in Athens, or RCOR on Jordan in H'ville. I have dealt a few times with Gilbert's on TJ stuff, and he seems like a good guy.

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat