Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-25-2008, 07:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mountainside

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I'm planning to go back down to Mountainside this weekend with a couple other guys with jeeps. It's an off weekend for the park so we are renting it all day for $100. That means we will have the entire park to ourselves.
Had another great ride at Mountainside. Won't bore everyone with another dozen pics, but here's a couple to provide a little flavor of what it was like.

Up on Donkey's Ledge with two JKs, a YJ, and a very feisty CJ7.

Some folks thought my sway bar was NOT disconnected, but looking at the below pic makes me think everything is working as advertised. However, the Rubi was flexing so much, I probably need longer brake lines in order to ride trails that cause this kind of flex (they were tight - was glad they didn't rip off).
Old 10-26-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Looks like you guys had a great time...Feel free to post more pics! I don't usually get tired of seeing them..

Dennis, I hate to be the first to tell ya...but looks like you lost your doors somewhere on the trail!

BTW,

Nice flex by the Rubi!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man, I hate that I had to miss the ride. I love that place!!
Old 10-26-2008, 04:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bama JK
Man, I hate that I had to miss the ride. I love that place!!
Yup!! It was as much fun this time as the last, and I was worried that the experience could only be worse being we had such an absolute blast last time.
Here's another pic I posted on the forum with reference to whether I was disco'd.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Yup!! It was as much fun this time as the last, and I was worried that the experience could only be worse being we had such an absolute blast last time.
Here's another pic I posted on the forum with reference to whether I was disco'd.

Looks Good!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Looks like you guys had a blast.. Maybe next time I'll be off and can get in on the fun.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by In5ane
Dennis, I hate to be the first to tell ya...but looks like you lost your doors somewhere on the trail!
Well when we got up on the side of the mountain that morning with temps in the mid 50's and a stiff breeze blowing, I was having second thoughts about leaving my doors behind. But when the sun came out and it warmed up, I was glad I left them behind. Even my daughter told me how much better it was without the doors compared to with doors the last time.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Well when we got up on the side of the mountain that morning with temps in the mid 50's and a stiff breeze blowing, I was having second thoughts about leaving my doors behind. But when the sun came out and it warmed up, I was glad I left them behind. Even my daughter told me how much better it was without the doors compared to with doors the last time.
No doubt man, looks like lots of fun to me! Don't you know that you are building bad habbits for your daughter? One day she will be spending all her money on jeeps too!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:36 PM
JK Junkie

No doubt man, looks like lots of fun to me!
It was fun. Next time we go, you can join me up to the top of this little rock face. I know you don't have that screen name for nothing.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

No doubt man, looks like lots of fun to me! Don't you know that you are building bad habbits for your daughter? One day she will be spending all her money on jeeps too!
It's too late, I've already planted that evil thought in her head. Here she is taking her first hill.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat