Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-21-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bama JK
Is there any one else going to Atlanta for the Truck and Jeep Fest this weekend? My wife and I are heading over Sat. morning.
Actually am mulling over going south of the river to that "King of the Hill" competition in Florette (about 13 miles south of Lacey's Spring). Friend of mine says it's an absolute hoot watching all the good 'ol boys running their kludged-up rigs.

Edit: Ooohh!! I Googled that Jeep Fest thing, and it does look interesting, especially the "lowest prices of the year" part. I still need wheels and tires . . . and a new rear bumper, and tire carrier, and AEV hood, and winch, and soft top window storage, and CAI, and

Well, you get the idea. Anyone ever attended one of these? Is it worth going?

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 08-21-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CKimbrow
Maybe sometime when I come visit, we will meet up..
Calvin,

Sounds good, but I have to warn ya, I don't think most of us actually living here have met each other, much less coordinate with someone from out of town.

But, maybe our track record will improve so post a note when you're heading our way.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Actually am mulling over going south of the river to that "King of the Hill" competition in Florette (about 13 miles south of Lacey's Spring). Friend of mine says it's an absolute hoot watching all the good 'ol boys running their kludged-up rigs.

Edit: Ooohh!! I Googled that Jeep Fest thing, and it does look interesting, especially the "lowest prices of the year" part. I still need wheels and tires . . . and a new rear bumper, and tire carrier, and AEV hood, and winch, and soft top window storage, and CAI, and

Well, you get the idea. Anyone ever attended one of these? Is it worth going?
My neighbor and I are also headed to King of the Hill. He's been to it before, said it was hilarious.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Hey Red08JK, you're not too far away from me. I live off Wall-Triana in the PebbleBrook subdivision.
And bama JK, I think that was Red that you saw.
Hey Denny, sounds good. probably seen each other on the road.
I think we all need to linkup somewhere like Sonic in Madison one night and doa meet/great so we can plan a ride on the trails.
Thoughts? Locations?

Steve
Old 08-22-2008, 03:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Red08JK
My neighbor and I are also headed to King of the Hill.
If I don't go over to Atlanta Jeep Fest, I'm fairly certain I'll be heading over for a few hours in the afternoon.

Originally Posted by Red08JK
He's been to it before, said it was hilarious.
Yup. Wear knock around clothes 'cause apparently we will be doing a lot of this . . .

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 08-22-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:42 PM
JK Junkie

Default Atlanta Jeep Fest

Is there any one else going to Atlanta for the Truck and Jeep Fest this weekend? My wife and I are heading over Sat. morning.
Thinking seriously about it - sent PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:14 PM
JK Junkie

Default Any deals worth mentioning??

Truck and Jeep Fest
Any good deals today?

Might go over tomorrow if it's really worth it, but don't need to do a 3.5 hour drive to only save say $200 on a $1500 winch. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I'm sit'n here in atl got a daystar lower panel and a Smittybilt bumper and saved like $80.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Trying to type this up on my blackberry is pissing me off but I was going to clarify $80 may not seem like a lot but the bumper I got runs $350 and I got it for $280 not to bad.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Junkie

Well I'm sit'n here in atl got a daystar lower panel and a Smittybilt bumper and saved like $80.
Congrats on the bumper! Make sure to post some pics when you get it installed. Better yet, let us know when you're planning to bolt it on.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat