Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 03-12-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by randy payne
i got new springs from Ben at rc, they have had problem with there progressive springs and they gave me new ones

got about 2 in of more lift in front and 1.5 in in rear, it towers over my 32 tires now

it also is almost perfectly level from front to rear, less than 1/4 in drop under rubi rails fron front to back

get pic on when i can
Seriously?!? That much of a difference?? How old were the springs? Man, that's some serious faulty engineering if it failed that much.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Junkie

Default German Diesel JK

Originally Posted by BullDawg
I see "Live Free or Die Hard" on passenger side.. driver's side is different but I can' t make it out.

And those are some strange little lights/blinkers/whatever they are on the grill.. but what about that Light Bar above the license plate?
I was wondering about the Light Bar also - I guess the good news is that you wouldn't get any of that pesky "hood glare" that I see some folks mention as a negative to having lights mounted up higher near the windshield.

No one has mentioned the bubble looking side marker/turn indicators - apparently required by law in der Fatherland.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Junkie

Default Coils and Winches

Good to hear folks are modding away. I haven't done anything significant in the way of mods lately - just thinking/daydreaming about the next round of possible changes (maybe MPAC racks, some sort of switch panel).
Old 03-12-2010, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Good to hear folks are modding away. I haven't done anything significant in the way of mods lately - just thinking/daydreaming about the next round of possible changes (maybe MPAC racks, some sort of switch panel).
Switch Panel: I went Daystar and went with an aftermarket fuseblock behind the glovebox....you should check it out next time I see you. Definently the best (cleanest) way to add accessories without overloading the stupid JK system.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
I was wondering about the Light Bar also -
Speaking of......
I picked up a complete set of "blue" police strobes last time I was deployed. Never installed them, but they're also clear/red compatible. I could "disco-strobe" Rubi-Gene out next time we're stuck in Bear Hollow after dark!! I love the stuff you can pick up downrange :-)
Old 03-13-2010, 05:47 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wilky
Switch Panel: I went Daystar and went with an aftermarket fuseblock behind the glovebox....you should check it out next time I see you. Definitely the best (cleanest) way to add accessories without overloading the stupid JK system.
I looked at the Daystar, but the problem with that panel is it protrudes away from the dash slightly (which is fine for an automatic), however folks with 6-speeds have complained that they hit/activate their switches when shifting into 1st or 3rd. I'd still like to take a look at your setup though.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wilky
Speaking of......
I picked up a complete set of "blue" police strobes last time I was deployed. Never installed them, but they're also clear/red compatible. I could "disco-strobe" Rubi-Gene out next time we're stuck in Chipmunk Cove after dark!! I love the stuff you can pick up downrange :-)
Fixed your post.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:15 AM
JK Junkie

Good deal in the Sale section for these brand new MT/Rs, but a 37" tire on a 15" rim looks a bit peculiar to me.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:32 AM
JK Junkie

MPAC what is that
An acronym they use to describe their racks - not sure what it means.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:04 PM
JK Junkie

Default Shrockworks

any of you guys with a aftermarket rear bumpers and tire carriers could u take a close up pic of the latch i need to figure out what im gonna do with mine

please ?
http://www.shrockworks.com/Jeep-JK-T...-pr-16222.html

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat