Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 03-09-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow Wheels

Originally Posted by Firedog73
Thanks guys I am ready to wheel it! Just not where to go and I am sure I will need some help.
Speaking of wheeling it, I know I probably shouldn't like these, but I'm kinda digging these yellow wheels.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Speaking of wheeling it, I know I probably shouldn't like these, but I'm kinda digging these yellow wheels.

You should paint yours bright white Gary.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

not digging the blinkers though.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilky
I'll post the figures once I 'flash' it...BTW: how many times in one week do you think we pass each other on Zierdt???
Thanks. I know with my mostly stock setup (aside from the BB and Flashpaq) I am averaging around 16.5 mpg city. On my trip to DC last year, I was getting a little over 20 on the highway. That is running the 91 tune on my Flashpaq. Not terrible mileage, but curious what I will gain with a tune up. We shall see.

I think I saw you on Zierdt at least three times last week ................ I have been seing quite a few new JK's running around town lately too.

Gonna be taking a little trip to Vegas soon. I am tired of this cold weather......... and need to unwind (read play craps and blackjack). Maybe I will see some of the killer Jeeps that are out that way.

Anthony

Last edited by sixty5vdub; 03-10-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

There are so many things I would like to say about this....
1) I'm with Justin, not digging the blinkers...but wait a sec...those aren't blinkers! There lights! (I think)
2) The Euro version of the stock bumper was more appealing than the lame-o one we got. Especially the way dude hacked it up to fit a winch!
3) What's up with the wanna' be floodlights on the windshield pillar?!?
4) Can anyone read what's on the hood above the hood latches??
5) Gary...if you really want to paint yours white, I'll give you my stock Rubi rims in exchange for your :-)
6) and finally...the best part.....the "Diesel Inside"
Old 03-10-2010, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Firedog73
Thanks guys I am ready to wheel it! Just not where to go and I am sure I will need some help.
there are some pretty good trails out on conners island. and if you can still access it there is nikkis trail in spring creek. or you can go in from the hwy 79 side. its pretty tight and really muddy. but its fun to play on.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Junkie

1) I'm with Justin, not digging the blinkers...but wait a sec...those aren't blinkers! There lights! (I think)
2) The Euro version of the stock bumper was more appealing than the lame-o one we got. Especially the way dude hacked it up to fit a winch!

Those aren't flood lights . . . they're blinkers! (I think)

Yes!

5) Gary...if you really want to paint yours white, I'll give you my stock Rubi rims in exchange for your :-)

Let's convoy up to Canada to get Diesels.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

I see "Live Free or Die Hard" on passenger side.. driver's side is different but I can' t make it out.

And those are some strange little lights/blinkers/whatever they are on the grill.. but what about that Light Bar above the license plate?

Last edited by BullDawg; 03-12-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Default Harbor Freight Winch

Ok.. so Harbor Freight has their 10k lb winch on sale for $299 this weekend. Cheaper than the 8k lb winch, right. I had been waiting on it to go on sale.. go by this morning at 9 am and they had already sold the 4 they had in stock before I could get there.. that blows.

But I got a hook up in there that gave me a rain check and a little more discount. Sweeet. But it will be a few weeks before it comes in. Hopefully my new bumpers will be by that time and I can put it all on then figure out how much lift I need to counter the new front load.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Like the Euro bumper, except for the "inserts" that flow from the bumper to the fender. How are you supposed to sling mud all over your bumper with those on?

Love the integration of the winch!

The wheels are an acquired taste and apparently not one I have acquired.

Not crazy about the turn signals either. What are thise HID?

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat