Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 03-08-2010, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50K tune-up

As part of the ongoing saga that is my job, I've been unable to complete all my tasks in one sitting...so I've had to divide it up.

Front/Rear brake pads: CHECK (however, I need rotors for the rear because there wasn't enough meat to machine them down)

Sparkplugs: CHECK (I enclosed a photo of the stock Mopar Champions. They appeared to have burned clean for 50K miles. The ceramics were solid and not burned through, and there was minimal carbon fouling)

Flashpaq: PENDING (the Superchips should be here tomorrow...was expecting it today :( )

Front/Rear Differential Fluid Change: PENDING (going to upgrade to ARB or some kind of 'improved' diff cover when I do this. on the last trailride, I knarled up the lowest most diff cover bolt on the front and had a small leak until recently. some properly applied elbow leverage and a large hammer allowed me to fit a socket on it to tighten temporarily)

I bring all this up for a reason. At 50K miles, I was averaging 15.3 mpg city (Huntsville)/17.9 mpg interstate (travelling 70+ mph). If I kept it around 65 on a highway, the average went above 20 mpg. This is with the 2 1/2 lift, 33" tires with 36psi and an automatic (4.10 Rubicon gears).
I'll be out on the West Coast for a week, but have a roadtrip to Little Rock, AR for next weekend, so I'll post updated figures on how much the plugs/flashpaq improved my driveability.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	plugs.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	38460  
Old 03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

...as if anyone cared
Old 03-08-2010, 03:42 PM
JK Freak

well...I popped the doors and top off today. Then went wheeling and demolished my rocker. DOH. After that I washed her inside and out, and she is currently drying in the garage

Old 03-08-2010, 04:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by racinfast002
well...I popped the doors and top off today. Then went wheeling and demolished my rocker. DOH. After that I washed her inside and out, and she is currently drying in the garage

The girl or the Jeep?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ckivy
The girl or the Jeep?
my girl didn't much feel like playing around today. It may be because I'm pretty sick though. Can't say I blame her. Its all good though, she MORE than takes care of me
Old 03-08-2010, 05:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wilky
Front/Rear Differential Fluid Change: PENDING (going to upgrade to ARB or some kind of 'improved' diff cover when I do this. On the last trailride, I gnarled up the lowest most diff cover bolt on the front and had a small leak until recently. some properly applied elbow leverage and a large hammer allowed me to fit a socket on it to tighten temporarily) . . .
I was wondering about your diff cause I was following your line, and ended up whacking my front ARB cover pretty hard - I thought, how'd Wes just breeze past that rock. Now I know the rest of the story.

By the way, ARB cover had some paint chipped off, but other than that bit of cosmetic blemish - diff is solid, and everything is nice and dry.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

Where'd ya take SAHARACON wheeling? Anyplace interesting?

Originally Posted by racinfast002
. . . Then went wheeling and demolished my rocker.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Where'd ya take SAHARACON wheeling? Anyplace interesting?
just played around across the street from the land trust. I knew what was what back there so I wouldn't get stuck. Unfortantly, I had a nasty little slip and slide and laid a tree up against my rocker. I was PISSED
Old 03-08-2010, 05:45 PM
JK Freak

Just a small amount of spray paint and you will never know it happened
Old 03-08-2010, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ckivy
Just a small amount of spray paint and you will never know it happened
the rocker...not the rocker rail. It got the painted part above that. F***

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat